Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M595 Mcmillan fit

M595 Mcmillan fit

Ive got a Mcmillan for my M595 and it seems tight on the front recoil lug. When I tighten the front action screw it is a resistance fit with the stock and to remove the stock I have to "wiggle" it free.

Is this as is should be? Am I not used to precision fit or is it too tight?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

My 590 fits just right in the SH McMillan stock I picked up. Don't have to prise it out of the stock at all. Not sure if the stock has been adjusted at all and the rifle isn't with me at the moment to check.

Cheers,

hh

IMHO they should never be 'wiggle' tight, that might end in a split stock. they should fit perfectly, not lose and not tight. the front action screw should screw losely until it meets a firm final resistance, a gradual tightening means it's not 'stress free'.

I suggest you either glass bed it yourself, but learn how first! or get it glass bedded by someone who knows..

Just IMHO.

Ive tried it on the .243 and 7mm08 and they are the same. Like I say, a resistance fit but a fit nonetheless.
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

The one on my 17 rem fits a treat. Mind on my stock its done away with front recoil luck and a pillar is bedded in the front

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    A snug fit should be fine. I've bedded my 270 m695 mcmillan at the reciol lug and used chemical metal, the recoil lug sits very snug within the stock and bed, essentially doing exactly the same job as a pillar. great accuracy from a simple job, and done mainly to keep the barrel well away from the forend due to extra weight of moderator.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    both my 595, Mc stocks on both the 6mm br and the 6ppc where all a tad tight but both are still fitted and being used daily,

no issues at all.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Perfect. Thanks all
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

What macmillan stalk is it that fits the m595? I have a 243 m595 and always thought about a stock upgrade. But could never figure out which macmillan stock would fit. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    What macmillan stalk is it that fits the m595? I have a 243 m595 and always thought about a stock upgrade. But could never figure out which macmillan stock would fit. Any help?
    Look on jackson rifles website. The tikka m595 sako varmint style one fits. Im pretty sure they do hunter style one to for sporter profile barrel