Going to India. Is there any stalking there?

Bavarianbrit

I am going to India soon for a year working in Pune. Is there any stalking available on the sub-continent? I thought all hunting had been banned after independance in 1948.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Martin

Hunting wild animals in India has been officail prohibited since 1972 and this still stands, there are however outstanding hunting and stalking oppertunities in Pakistan!

Ian.

You can get special permits in the north around Chandigrarh and the hunting across the borders in pakistan and bangladesh in renowned, just be careful if you get to the sundarban as pirates still operate in that area.

I am going to India soon for a year working in Pune. Is there any stalking available on the sub-continent? I thought all hunting had been banned after independance in 1948.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Martin

Have a look at Asian hunting forum on accuratereloading.com - there seems to be good hunting in Pakistan, and reports are very favourable - certainly the country is not what the media would believe it to be.

Have a look at Asian hunting forum on accuratereloading.com - there seems to be good hunting in Pakistan, and reports are very favourable - certainly the country is not what the media would believe it to be.
Is that why bin laden was in Pakistan for the "hunting"
Norma

My Raj forefathers used to go pig sticking on horse back - amongst many other fantastic sounding country pursuits like smashing afghan fanatics better than we are doing now - way more fun than deer stalking, try and re- instate when you visit.

I will be program managing for Tata Motors so I will get the low down on their pick up vehicle range and pass it on.
Martin

I just had the feedback on the deal offered to me there "after all taxes are paid" and it makes what you get for designing cars here in the UK look like we are the 3rd world country. Such a shame to see where we have ended up, as a Coventry car man born and bred kid.
Martin

I will be program managing for Tata Motors so I will get the low down on their pick up vehicle range and pass it on.
Martin

I would not bother
seen them in action and pulled a few out
more still will they still be able to supply the parts to fix them when broke... One of the reasons why I drive a L200 because if it breaks down I can get it fixed
TATA
exactley what my mate said the first time it broke down...

You can get special permits in the north around Chandigrarh and the hunting across the borders in pakistan and bangladesh in renowned, just be careful if you get to the sundarban as pirates still operate in that area.

Sundaban pirates in striped coats eat their victims,many every year!

Latest,
I am now accepted but maybe not for Tata though (Pune is the Detroit of India) so I am still planning to go out in 3rd week March is what is being talked about.
Martin

Martin

Latest,
I am now accepted but maybe not for Tata though (Pune is the Detroit of India) so I am still planning to go out in 3rd week March is what is being talked about.
Martin

If you get any time off working for an Indian Company, I will be very surprised. No sense of hours of the day or days of the week.

Very clever guys though (just watch out for incompetent uber-promoted family members!).

If you get any time off working for an Indian Company, I will be very surprised. No sense of hours of the day or days of the week.

I guess it depends upon the relationship with the Indian company. When I went out to visit a supplier in Hyderabad and Chennai they couldn't have been more welcoming and I had a great time. Just make sure you bone up on your cricket before you go!

Some of the views of India workers and products I hear in the UK are eerily similar to how we so readily dismissed the Japanese forty years ago.

Mr Tata seems to be doing a pretty good job with Jaguar Land Rover.

willie_gunn

......When I went out to visit a supplier in Hyderabad and Chennai they couldn't have been more welcoming......

VERY different scenario to being an employee (even at Director Level).

Pound of flesh for an Indian weighs about 40Kg!

I have never doubted their commercial ability though & continue to be impressed (even after 30+ years).

ATB

Iain (honorary Jain).

I cannot understand cricket at all so thats one down to me.
But as I will be paid by the hour the more hours they want from me the more they will have to pay.
The books by Corbett on tiger hunting look to be an interesting read.
Martin

Ever since I read Brandt's book "Asian Hunter" I've wanted a Sambar from India !

Suppose the closest I'll ever get will be Philippine Sambar antlers I was given in 2009 !

Back