Thread: Thankyou wingy

Thankyou wingy

Just a few words of appreciation. Before this weekend I had never been deer stalking. Wingy took me out as a visitor to his shoot to get me some field experience of deer stalking. We was after roe does. After arriving at the wood at 2pm Friday we had a stalk straight after setting up camp to get bearings and an idea of the land. Unfortunately no deer spotted. At 6pm we got our heads down as we was going out at midnight after some fox for the neighbouring farm. We got 3 in the first night and I christened my first centrefire rifle :-).
    The next day consisted of a stalk in the morning and then the biggest full English ever. Midday we took out a bow saw and a shotgun out to do some rough shooting and I took my rifle just in case. It was at this point I saw my first red squirrel. That was me made up, seeing it in its natural environment. On the way around he cut some trees he noticed earlier that had been wind damaged to make the passage easier going for the future. We had stalked there probably an hour before but this time there was fresh roe droppings everywhere. Typical.
    Unfortunately we didn't manage to get a deer but we did form a friendship. I had a great time and I saw two red squirrel and watched a red kyte. The weather was good to us and we both got to pull the trigger on Charlie.
    Thankyou wingy, I owe you one!

Well done , nice write up.

I think those two foxes might just put you ahead of Paddy....

for now
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I think those two foxes might just put you ahead of Paddy....

for now
    23 days into the month. I'd be disappointed if he hasn't got double figures yet.

I have already doubled my last years efforts.

I think he might still be rifleless
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

He still has a .204 with add on nv his summer set up.

Sean, glad you enjoyed it. It was a pleasure & I would not hesitate to invite you again
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Sean, glad you enjoyed it. It was a pleasure & I would not hesitate to invite you again
    Wingy
    Sorry my signal is shocking I'm at the stream right now i have moved all my belongings in your home made hut and I'm growing my facial hair and changing my name to Mountain man! Thanks again Martin and thanks Si for borrowing me your binos.