Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sera coat ?

Sera coat ?

Has anyone had there rifle Sera Coated ?

Im thinking about sending my beloved ruger into steve kershaw to be pimped up , the plan is to true the bolt and lugs into the action (blue printing a ruger action is a bit of a barstad apparently) , a re-barrel , synthetic bedding and a new trigger .

Now this sera coating is another option just to finish the job but would like to see some pics if anyone has any ?

cheers

lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Lee, here you go, I will ring you later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00095.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	23820

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Lee, here you go, I will ring you later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00095.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	727.9 KB 
ID:	23820
    very nice ! where's the like button ? ive been quoted 300 for barrel/action to be done .

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Was he wearing a mask and riding black bess!

It's actually called 'Cerakote'. You'll find all the info you need at Cerakote Coatings

A few of the main firearms manufacturers are now using it on finished products/rifles which tells us something. I have seen this product, in the flesh, and it is probably one of the hardest and resistant metal coatings available. It's an air-spray ceramic coating that can be air cured or oven baked. It's not just used in the firearms industry but more widely used in the automobile industry, wind farms etc.

I understand that the only certified applicator in the UK is now Riflecraft Ltd. in Harleston, Suffolk. This is a fairly new development which you can check on the Cerakote website. However it's not rocket science!

Would I use it, yes! And I will in due course on my stainless rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    very nice ! where's the like button ? ive been quoted 300 for barrel/action to be done .
    300 for a coating job??? Jesus, I must adjust my prices or get in the habit of pulling people's pants down! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    It's actually called 'Cerakote'. You'll find all the info you need at Cerakote Coatings

A few of the main firearms manufacturers are now using it on finished products/rifles which tells us something. I have seen this product, in the flesh, and it is probably one of the hardest and resistant metal coatings available. It's an air-spray ceramic coating that can be air cured or oven baked. It's not just used in the firearms industry but more widely used in the automobile industry, wind farms etc.

I understand that the only certified applicator in the UK is now Riflecraft Ltd. in Harleston, Suffolk. This is a fairly new development which you can check on the Cerakote website. However it's not rocket science!

Would I use it, yes! And I will in due course on my stainless rifle.
    Jager Sporting Arms are also certified, have been for the last 2 years and have been using Cerakote since 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Jager Sporting Arms are also certified, have been for the last 2 years and have been using Cerakote since 2007!
    I didn't realise you were still doing it! I'll be in touch. . . but not for 300!!!

+1 that is way over the mark

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    I didn't realise you were still doing it! I'll be in touch. . . but not for 300!!!
    Yep still very much alive and kicking...been concentrating on other areas of coating but still do the Firearms...not for 300 though! Jesus, I'd coat most of your kit for that! Lol