Thread: Fac query

Fac query

I have a couple of so far unfilled slots on my FAC. The boxes to be completed by RFD of other seller asks if the rifle is sold, lent or hired. If it were filled in 'hired' does this mean at the end of an agreed hire period and once the rifle has been handed back to RFD the slot remains open? Or would one have to apply for the variation again? Just got me thinking when I read through my ticket.

ATB

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    I have a couple of so far unfilled slots on my FAC. The boxes to be completed by RFD of other seller asks if the rifle is sold, lent or hired. If it were filled in 'hired' does this mean at the end of an agreed hire period and once the rifle has been handed back to RFD the slot remains open? Or would one have to apply for the variation again? Just got me thinking when I read through my ticket.

ATB

Tom
    You would need to do a 1 for 1 again as far as I'm aware. Within a week too, or you need to pay again :/

atb

pete

As the Tramp says you will have to apply for a 1-4-1 variation because you won't have a space on your certificate, that was taken up when you hired the rifle and the hirer filled in the details on the certificate. As you have now way of removing that written entry when you return the rifle anybody reading the certificate will think assume that you still have the rifle.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It would be a good idea to get a letter from the owner of the hired item stating that it has been returned to him.
    Take that letter immediately to your Firearms Dept. with a completed one-for-one variation form and also your FAC.

HWH.

makes no matter if you bought hired or were lent the rifle

when you dispose of the rifle it is taken off your certificate and put on someone else's

if you want to keep the slot you put in to keep the slot, commonly known as a 1-4-1

Thanks everyone, I thought is was too glaringly obvious to be the case!

ATB

T