Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Not so quiet moderator?

  1. #1

    Not so quiet moderator?

    Hi all had a couple of mates just come out of the dark ages and put moderators on there rifles. They have all gone for ASE Utra Northstar mods on a .270, 308 and a .25-06.
    Whats annoying me is I have a wildcat preditor 8 on a .243 and those 3 rifles are all noticebly quieter than mine.
    I have been talking to one or two people who have said to try and change the diffuser from the .30 that came with the mod to a .243.
    Has anybody any experience with this or could pass comment. Also if I was to change what is the difference between a standard diffuser and the titanium diffusers.

    Looking forward to your coments.

  2. #2
    what is the bore size on your mod compared to thiers? (guessing yours will be at least 7.5mm if not 8mm)
    Are they all shooting the same sized bore?

    bore size is an overlooked essential


    some people complain about gas cutting on aluminium mod components, titanium won't degrade anything like as quickly if at all

  3. #3
    hi, ive 2 wildcats, one on my .243 and the other on a .308, as far as i know the only differance in the is the size of the bore, the rest is the same.
    I was told that if you used the .308 on the .243 it wouldnt be as effective.
    so like your self it will be intresting to see what other say.
    atb
    simon

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    what is the bore size on your mod compared to thiers? (guessing yours will be at least 7.5mm if not 8mm)
    Are they all shooting the same sized bore?

    bore size is an overlooked essential


    some people complain about gas cutting on aluminium mod components, titanium won't degrade anything like as quickly if at all

    Where do you measure the bore size on the diffuser? If so the outlet is 9mm and the inlet side is 8mm although that is measuring with a ruler and i'm not going outside becouse its cold and snowing again.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wigone View Post
    Where do you measure the bore size on the diffuser? If so the outlet is 9mm and the inlet side is 8mm although that is measuring with a ruler and i'm not going outside becouse its cold and snowing again.
    to get my calipers I forgot to mention.

  6. #6
    Wildcats simply aren't as good as ASE's - heard a few of both and the ASE'S are always quiter. Get yourself an ASE or MAE T12 if you want quiet

  7. #7
    ps My mates 30 cal SL5 on my .243 is as quiet as my .243 cal on my .243... Unless the bore is drastically different I don't think it makes much difference as the bullet going supersonic is louder than a moderated rifle and you can't do anything about that as its not in the gun anymore!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    Wildcats simply aren't as good as ASE's - heard a few of both and the ASE'S are always quiter. Get yourself an ASE or MAE T12 if you want quiet
    +1
    the ASE northstar punches well above it's weight. My mate has a TLD moddy, very similair to the wildcat, and that's noisy too, to the point you still need ear pro. He's getting rid and getting a northstar too

    atb.

    The Tramp

  9. #9
    When my mate and I done our lvl1 the rest of the guys couldnt believe how good our northstars compared to there assortment of mods.

  10. #10
    the way i understud the wildcats was that the diffusers are different size for different cal's which is why there colour coded, they also so a t12 to.
    whats the life of the mods??
    http://www.shopatukcs.co.uk/index.ph...&cPath=264_270

Similar Threads

  1. How quiet should you be
    By woodfordfallow in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 18:36
  2. Budget camo jacket (must be quiet)??
    By palmer_mike in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 19:52
  3. A quiet Muzzle Brake
    By Conor1 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-03-2011, 23:08
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 01:05
  5. Small quiet bag for stalking?
    By Scarpa in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 22:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •