Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lamping

lamping

hi everyone , can anyone tell me where i might get a really good plug and socket to go on my lamping set up ? the cigar lighter type are crap as they pull out of the socket all to often and after market fag lighters are even worse, heres hoping somebody might know where i can get one that will put up with some wellie regards Mrlot t

SD Regular
    Check on the flea for a marine one - not only waterproof but also have a lock mechanism, so they don't just come apart. Installed one of those in the cab and it's a godsend.

I also use automotive twin cable connectors that have a tab to prevent pulling out - again excellent for battery connections - and have survived even the most heavy handed of use.

I'll see if I can find a link.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof...item2c68082021

..look through their other items too...

and this from them too....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Elec...item27b182f6d5

Bought a load if stuff including cable from them - prompt service and good kit.
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 23-01-2013 at 22:25. Reason: links added
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

hi,

What lamp are you using, what way is it mounted on/in your motor.

p,

Halfords mate,
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_255229

This is what i use connected direct to the battery with an inline 10amp spade type fuse holder.

Ian.

I use a Hella plug wired off the lighter socket and beware of cheap imitations as there are more fakes on Ebay than genuine Hella kit.

I've been meaning to ask that question for a while. The normal fag lighters are useless even for my flasher

On my quad i've just got a pair of bullet connectors wired to battery, not that ideal
    I also know some grouse boys that have a standard 3 pin house extension lead plug wired direct to the battery and fastened above there glove box in there motor

I have changed all mine to hedge trimmer plugs and wired direct to the battery with a 15amp fuse. Much the best option, too many foxes have lived due to fag lighter plugs failing.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

I have used xlr connectors for many years now without any problems , 3 pin 16A with secure clip between the two parts

Maplins stock them

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n37gb.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	23884

Quote Originally Posted by Munty1 View Post
    I have changed all mine to hedge trimmer plugs and wired direct to the battery with a 15amp fuse. Much the best option, too many foxes have lived due to fag lighter plugs failing.

+1 for that. So easy too do and means you can detach the lamp and put it away and the short wire is still in the dash. Cheap easy solution. Get yourself round your nearest dump and see if anyone has put a lawnmower or hedge trimmer in with the cable still attached. Steal the plugs and a length of cable to reach ur battery. Perfect

hi guys thanks to everyone that replyed i am looking at all the diffrent plugs that have been susgested and will let you know what i have gone for again many thanks happy hunting regards Mrlott