lamping

MRlott

hi everyone , can anyone tell me where i might get a really good plug and socket to go on my lamping set up ? the cigar lighter type are crap :( as they pull out of the socket all to often and after market fag lighters are even worse, heres hoping somebody might know where i can get one that will put up with some wellie regards Mrlot t:D:D

Check on the flea for a marine one - not only waterproof but also have a lock mechanism, so they don't just come apart. Installed one of those in the cab and it's a godsend.

I also use automotive twin cable connectors that have a tab to prevent pulling out - again excellent for battery connections - and have survived even the most heavy handed of use.

I'll see if I can find a link.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproo...tEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item2c68082021

..look through their other items too...

and this from them too....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Way-Ele...45?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27b182f6d5

Bought a load if stuff including cable from them - prompt service and good kit.

Last edited:
I use a Hella plug wired off the lighter socket and beware of cheap imitations as there are more fakes on Ebay than genuine Hella kit.

I've been meaning to ask that question for a while. The normal fag lighters are useless even for my flasher

On my quad i've just got a pair of bullet connectors wired to battery, not that ideal
I also know some grouse boys that have a standard 3 pin house extension lead plug wired direct to the battery and fastened above there glove box in there motor

I have changed all mine to hedge trimmer plugs and wired direct to the battery with a 15amp fuse. Much the best option, too many foxes have lived due to fag lighter plugs failing.

I have changed all mine to hedge trimmer plugs and wired direct to the battery with a 15amp fuse. Much the best option, too many foxes have lived due to fag lighter plugs failing.

+1 for that. So easy too do and means you can detach the lamp and put it away and the short wire is still in the dash. Cheap easy solution. Get yourself round your nearest dump and see if anyone has put a lawnmower or hedge trimmer in with the cable still attached. Steal the plugs and a length of cable to reach ur battery. Perfect

hi guys thanks to everyone that replyed i am looking at all the diffrent plugs that have been susgested and will let you know what i have gone for again many thanks happy hunting regards Mrlott

The best rig we wever had was crimp connected to leads that went direct onto the battery. Lightforce gear has let me down too many times to mention but when it's working it's great.

I use a 10amp socket then tape the unit and terminals to the battery.
I have a piece of motor bike inner tube cut into 30mm wide strip’s that fits over the battery then slide the male plug under which keeps it from working loose.
The same strip is great for isolating any battery in my decoying kit when it is banging against the rotary !!

Tim.243

Back