Roedinator

Distinguished Member
out stalking last night drove out of the wood just before dusk
there was a buck chasing a doe for about two minutes
less than 70 yards away totally oblivious that we were there
she was not showing much interest but he was sniffing and chasing
your views welcome .
keep it clean please :lol: :lol:

still no action around my area yet, been watching a doe for the past few after noons, bucks still not intrested yet, seen them close together just grazing away.

BUcks

Gents

have seen a few bucks this week chasing Does big time this week & one of the lads was out on some of his own ground last night & just had a peep or to with the buttolo & managed to call the same doe in 3 times & a few others came into about 50m to the call, but they had no bucks with them.

Regs Lee

I was looking at a field full of roe on Tuesday evening this week, mostly does but one buck, and there was no sign of interest from any of them. I still think we're a week or two too early. I've booked the week of the 10th August off as holiday, so I'm hoping that will coincide with the main rut ;)

willie_gunn

I was out on wed eve sitting up outside a wood for some fox cubs. Sat out for a couple of hours. Was using a fox call similar to the WAM one but this is from Australia.
At around 22.10 just as last light I was using the call and watching a rabbit come up to about 5 ft away, turned back to the wood and bugger me there was a small buck( spiker) looking in my direction, no shot on and he made his way along a hedge out of sight.

Not sure if he came to the call or just a coincidence???????????????

Jonathon

no news on the roe rut but on saturday morning using the buttolo i called a muntjac buck in velvet to within 10 ft of me while i was lying beside my truck with the dog sat next to me on a byway. nice example, his velvet covered antlers were at least twice the length of his ears - looking forward to meeting him later in the year hopefully, and seeing him a few times before then!

rut

Nothing has started down here in devon yet ! I have seen lots of does but no bucks with them .

I saw the first signs of the rut having started in North Cornwall this evening. A good buck chased a doe briefly but he lost interest after a couple of minutes and went back to browsing.
I watched a young doe for 1/2 hour on Wednesday evening, no sign of a buck following, even though there are two bucks in the area (that I know of) I just hope the weather improves, that'll help things along (5" rain in the last 36hrs) Cheers, Pete.

been and booked a weeks holiday for next week
going to spend all week stalking so hopeing to see some action
just need this bloody weather to change

Back