Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intriguing...

Intriguing...

Just saw this on another thread: Description: Pfeifer Waffen

Has anyone ever used one? Well out of my budget but was interested to hear how they perform!

SD Regular
    Hornet 6 either still has or had one. If he hasn't, it's at Steve Beaty's and probably at a good price...!! But that's not to say it didn't shoot well. I'm sure he'll give you a fuller report.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

As EtR said, I had one and loved it, but had problems with Essex Police and the attached conditions so it had to go unfortunately.
    Very accurate and a brilliant trigger, also liked the cocking system, easy to carry with one up the spout and in safety.
    It is in Steve Beaty's shop at the moment, and is for sale with brass, dies and data along with the test targets shot while working up a load.
    The best of the 3 shot groups are less than .500" inches, at 200 yards, the worst were still less than 1.5", the best accuracy load was deer legal.
    To sum it up it was better built and finished than the Blaser that has replaced it.

Neil.

What conditions, Hornet6?

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    What conditions, Hornet6?
    The ones on my FAC
    Fox and Munjack only, no vermin as too powerful, and no proper deer as not powerful enough
    The fact is that with proper loading it was running 75 grain bullets at 1760ft lb's
    It would have made it with room to spare with 87 grainers as well, not sure 100 grainers would have made it though.
    Barrel twist was 1 in 12 but I didn't try anything over 87 grains.

Neil.

With a diameter of 20 cm the barrel is rather heavy and also fitted with a muzzle brake.
    Bloody hell that is a heavy barrel 8" daimeter.

Methinks someone left a decimal point out.

Na thats the grenade launcher attachment they're talkin about.

Wish i had an 8" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    The ones on my FAC
    Fox and Munjack only, no vermin as too powerful, and no proper deer as not powerful enough
    The fact is that with proper loading it was running 75 grain bullets at 1760ft lb's
    It would have made it with room to spare with 87 grainers as well, not sure 100 grainers would have made it though.
    Barrel twist was 1 in 12 but I didn't try anything over 87 grains.

Neil.
    What calibre Hornet? i was going to say 243 from your description of bullet weights but a 1:12 twist is rather slow for a 243.

Ian.

I REALLY like the look of that rifle. I bet that barrel isnt free floated!