Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Barr

Simon Barr

Anyone of you good folk know what happened to Mr. Simon Barr I have not seen any articles from him in Sporting rifle for some time.Regards,Glendine.

He does not write for SR anymore, he quit about 6 months ago.

I believe he is now on the payroll of Team Wild... the Realtree Camo people, in addition to consultancy work. If you Google `Team Wild`, I think there is a write up on all the people involved...

Updated with link :- http://www.teamwildcreative.com/meet...8-simon-k-barr
    Last edited by NeilG; 24-01-2013 at 12:21. Reason: Added link.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    He does not write for SR anymore, he quit about 6 months ago.
    Thanks I was wondering, Would you happen to know has he started writing for any other Magazine.

Thanks he produced good work. Sporting rifle are replaying old movies these days. if you overlook old copies the are reproducing the same articles and photo's. Mr. Barr had a fresh outlook with interesting articles along with first rate photography.Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    Thanks he produced good work. Sporting rifle are replaying old movies these days. if you overlook old copies the are reproducing the same articles and photo's. Mr. Barr had a fresh outlook with interesting articles along with first rate photography.Glendine.
    Simon and I work quite closely on a number of things. As far as I am aware he is not writing anymore. As NeilG has mentioned he is involved in Team Wild and he also heads up Team Real Tree UK which is taking up a fair whack of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    Anyone of you good folk know what happened to Mr. Simon Barr I have not seen any articles from him in Sporting rifle for some time.Regards,Glendine.
    I know Simon and Selina, and although not close friends I have them stalking with me and keep in contact. Simon has taken over as CEO for Teamwild and when I last spoke with him was about to move home further north.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I remember Mr. Barr stating on a field sports Brittan episode that he was getting his own you tube channel anyone have any update on this?. Field sports Britain and Sporting rifle seem to be using the same contributors so I presume we won’t be seeing him on that channel. Regards,Glendine.

Simon's been at The Shot Show in Vegas for the last week, so I'd expect some freelance work from him soon

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Just to confirm, I jumped the gun a bit.

He is still writing just for the Shooting times and Shooting Sports.

If you want to see his pretty pictures then you can follow him on Facebook. Plenty of good and informative stuff coming up this year.