Thread: Game dealers near Peebles.

Game dealers near Peebles.

Hi Guys. Hope you can help with some contacts. I'm up near peebles in a couple weeks hopefully on some sika. I'm looking for some names/numbers of local game dealers and hopefully the sort of money they are paying at present.
    Thanks in advance.

Speak to David1976 on this site. He is based near Haddington and buys in deer carcasses.

Mulac

Wood master try pm jamross65 he' must be dealing with a game dealer around there are you on the manor syndicate
    Atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Hi Guys. Hope you can help with some contacts. I'm up near peebles in a couple weeks hopefully on some sika. I'm looking for some names/numbers of local game dealers and hopefully the sort of money they are paying at present.
    Thanks in advance.
    How many Sika are you expecting to shoot..??

My gamedealer picks up from my chill as and when I phone him. David1976 may be the best bet but depending on where and how you can store them?

I'm not expecting to shoot any. That way I'm not disappointed when none show up. However my freezer is full and although family and friends are always happy to get some meat if we were lucky enough to bag a couple we may want to sell them up in Scotland. Not such a deal at this time of year as we can bring them home but in warmer times it may be a different story.

Just As you come back into Peebles from your stalking, just before the Co-op on the right, there is a small butchers, Forsythes. Apart from selling the best pork pies in the world (ask 6p) they will take the odd beast I think. As an alternative I know they certainly butcher a whole Sika for you and I think charge about 30 for doing it. You could leave some with them and head off down the road a couple of days later with a car full of joints, cuts, sausages and burgers. You would be the most popular man in the street back home!

Thanks JR. That's a great idea. I'll look in there on my trip up.

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley View Post
    Wood master try pm jamross65 he' must be dealing with a game dealer around there are you on the manor syndicate
    Atb tom
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Thanks JR. That's a great idea. I'll look in there on my trip up.

Pm you
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.