Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baltic..

Baltic..

Up at 05.30
    2 hour drive
    Road to hill was impassable (even in Stalkers 110 with mental grip tyres)so prepared for a hike

Glassed the hill and there are hinds way above tree line so all good

Onwards n upwards, -4 (but wind chill was frozen snotters on beard cold )

Waist deep snow, loooong walk in and lung bursting climb above tree line, made all the worse by snow drifts etc

Once out the forest glide only to be faced with ever threatening low cloud and visibility now down to less than 100yds at best, and getting worse!!

5 hours of looking, spying, imagining, wiping snot and seeing signs a’wiys but to no avail…ach well

Getting back down was just as hard …

but …Would I change it for the world…Nae Chance...

Is that a husky in the photo with you?

Jesus that looks hard work. Wonderful photos and sitting here looking at them is as close as I would like to get to it. Southern poofter.

Hardcore! What was your extraction plan had you been successful?

I would love a challenge like that but truth be told stalking roe does in snowy Dorset woodland this last week has been great fun and I have been no more than 1/2 mile from the 4x4! Call me a southern fairy but it takes some beating in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Is that a husky in the photo with you?
    It was my 6' host who was suddenly up to his pits in snow

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Jesus that looks hard work. Wonderful photos and sitting here looking at them is as close as I would like to get to it. Southern poofter.
    I love it but at one point I wasn't sure if i was soaking with snow melt or with sweat right enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Hardcore! What was your extraction plan had you been successful?
    There was a sled back at the motor but in the summer the stalker dragged a 105kg stag out of there..now that was hardcore

Looks like fantastic fun where abouts is this as I'm heading up to Douglas in the morning and wondering if I'm going to have the same conditions !?

Stunning, I love it up there. Whereabouts in the NW of gods country are you?

Lancashire, Preston way if that was at me !

Hi Adam I shoot just down the road last week was snow tomorrow wet snow under foot the forcast is light rain & cold .