Schmidt & Bender PM2 warranty

Bukshot

Hi All. I was thinking of buying a PM2 for my rifle but noticed on S&B's website that the PM2's are only under a warranty for 2 years. This seems a bit mean for a £2k+ scope. What do people think?

Wasn't aware of the short warranty, used to be a lot longer than that. However, I've a 4-16x50 PM11 on one of my rifles and absolutely love it, built like a tank and short of knocking in fence posts with it, I would be surprised if it will ever need to undergo warranty repairs.

seems a bit mean to me.My Swarovski and zeiss both have a 30 year gtee although both companies are not so generous nowadays.Have you looked at the new Khales?regards Richard

Did a quick comparison between the top Euro manufacturers.

Schmidt & Bender PM2's have 2 years.
Swarovski 10 years (was 5 years previously) & only 2 years on the illumination electronics.
Zeiss 10 years on scope & illumination electronics (I think). K
ahles 11 years & only 2 years on the illumination electronics).

Schmidt & Bender PM2's are the most expensive scopes and have the least warranties!!

i think if you check there web site the pm scopes have 2 years and the others 10 with just a guarantee to cary spare parts for 30 years from date of purchase, unless im reading it wrong?

Back