roe on wild britain with ray mears

Did Ray Mears drop a clanger ?

Hi everyone --- had to put this in & hope Ray mears won't think I'm picky but I just saw he gave a bollocking to Bears so here goes---
Just caught Ray out in to-nights program a he was watching a buck chasing a roe doe saying they are the only animals to do this............... if I heard him correctly ---- delayed implantation - Not so because a few of the mustelids breed incorporating delayed implantation particularly badgers..... You know Ray those cute little black & white buggers, the ones that dig up our lawns even though we feed them up with exceedingly good food..... Don't think I'll bother telling Grilse of Rays clanger but in any case any hunter can see Ray's a fine hunter himself but I was surprized he got a bit of info wrong especially as he was only watching brock a minute before the clanger - so long as I heard it right ?:stir:

Last edited:
Hi everyone --- had to put this in & hope Ray mears won't think I'm picky but I just saw he gave a bollocking to Bears so here goes---
Just caught Ray out in to-nights program a he was watching a buck chasing a roe doe saying they are the only animals to do this............... if I heard him correctly ---- delayed implantation - Not so because a few of the mustelids breed incorporating delayed implantation particularly badgers..... You know Ray those cute little black & white buggers, the ones that dig up our lawns even though we feed them up with exceedingly good food..... Don't think I'll bother telling Grilse of Rays clanger but in any case any hunter can see Ray's a fine hunter himself but I was surprized he got a bit of info wrong especially as he was only watching brock a minute before the clanger - so long as I heard it right ?:stir:
Did he phone BG at his hotel room?

At 3.45 (ish) he does say Brown Hares are a protected species :confused:

I think you will find that Hares are not allowed to be killed on Defence Estate property which us probably where he was coming from. It was an enjoyable piece of tv and a pity there isn't more programs like it.

Yeahhh... that must be your ancient ears playing tricks on you... just watched it on ITV player, he says the only 'hooved' animal..

Interesting how light in colour they were, is that a chalk land adaptation? The ones round here are much redder...

Back