Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apology.... (I may need an intervention)

apology.... (I may need an intervention)

I am sorry......
    I have crossed to the dark side....at least temporarily.

This morning I found myself doing something strange..........I used some scales to actually weigh some powder and I caught myself .........[its difficult to even type the word]...............trickling....Oh the horror!

I am not used to this and am not sure I can cope with this new found distraction.

What should I do?
    Am I on the verge of becoming concerned with such things as OAL and charge weight to the 100th of a grain!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I am sorry......

This morning I found myself doing something strange..........I used some scales to actually weigh some powder and I caught myself .........[its difficult to even type the word]...............trickling....Oh the horror!

I am not used to this and am not sure I can cope with this new found distraction.

What should I do?
    Am I on the verge of becoming concerned with such things as OAL and charge weight to the 100th of a grain!?!?
    Oh dear,any idea how you contracted this strange malady? I seem to have it too.

I think you have an internet virus and it seems to stem from Muir i think SD needs to go into quarantine to stop further spreading of this disease, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I am sure you will see the difference in consistency and be able to shoot strait now

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I am sure you will see the difference in consistency and be able to shoot strait now
    cheeky sod
    shooting straight wasn't the problem.
    seeing straight on the other hand has always been an issue!

I think it is only a minor virus.
    I still used a wooden mallet to seat the bullets!

it may pass...but I noticed something else in a box that may make matters worse.............a press!

​I may have a wooden mallet for sale! No, cancel that.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I am sorry......

What should I do?
    Why the hell were you weighing and trickling powder?? IF it's just for field loads you are a sick, sick man and intervention is required. Yes, I have been doing the same but it is while (hopefully) duplicating Federal Gold Match 308 loads for target shooting: Which around here always turns into a wager as to who can hit the most empty 40 cal pistol cases at 100M. Next month I will be loading some rimfire ammunition and until I get the volume load I want -exactly- I will be trickling charges for that exercise as well.

Render unto Caesar, Man.~Muir

well I want to try some 60gr soft points through my .222
    in theory they shouldn't work in a 14:1 twist so my recently acquired job lot from a nice chap on here included some scales

I thought I would remove the idiot from the charge volumes equation to see if they will group OK.
    also the scoops only really offer two options for charges unless I put spacers in the bottom of the to get smaller volumes

I will be back with the scoops and mallet once I have proved that point I am sure!

Ok. You're good.~Muir

(Stand down, guys....false alarm.)

come on Ed, next thing you'll be claiming such nonsense as:
    a. a .270 kicks violently
    b. lee dies don't work
    d. powder dippers don't work
    e. .243's can't shoot 100g ammo
    f. you must have a plastic stock
    g. you can't shoot deer without a bipod
    h. there's no chance you can even contemplate setting foot in the field with less than a 56mm objective lens!
    g. wildcats are the be-all
    i. scrap ANY factory barrel, even unshot, and replace with a SS 30" shilen, doubling the price of your rifle,,because otherwise there's simply no chance of even hitting the deer, even at 25 yds

let us know when you get better, hope you recover soon - tea, toast and warm slippers, and some old spaghetti westerns might help you get better faster.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    come on Ed, next thing you'll be claiming such nonsense as:
    a. a .270 kicks violently
    b. lee dies don't work
    d. powder dippers don't work
    e. .243's can't shoot 100g ammo
    f. you must have a plastic stock
    g. you can't shoot deer without a bipod
    h. there's no chance you can even contemplate setting foot in the field with less than a 56mm objective lens!
    g. wildcats are the be-all
    i. scrap ANY factory barrel, even unshot, and replace with a SS 30" shilen, doubling the price of your rifle,,because otherwise there's simply no chance of even hitting the deer, even at 25 yds

let us know when you get better, hope you recover soon - tea, toast and warm slippers, and some old spaghetti westerns might help you get better faster.
    I thought that Ed;

a. Only uses belted magnums
    b. Has shares in Lee
    c. misses letters in the alphabet
    e. only uses a 222 with 100gr bullets
    f. had to stop using wooden stocks as his lass was spending more a week on MrSheen than on food for the family
    g. ONLY uses a tripod - one at each end of the rifle
    h. uses scopes with 56mm eyepieces & 34mm tubes - even on his .22's
    i. Hates all felines
    j. prefers Shilen barrels to be a full 36" long to allow full powder burn from his full load of Shotgun 80