Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamping buddies

Lamping buddies

Just wondering how you work things with your lamping pal, do you as the shooter cover all costs i.e. diesel, equipment or would you expect him to supply a lamp maybe calls?

Never really thought about it to be honest, would only go with a mate and just as happy to lamp as I would be shooting.

I guess if someone was just lamping for me all the time I would be chuffed and wouldn't expect anything - Lamping isnt as fun as shooting and I can't imagine anyone ever saying:
    "I'm off to zero my torch"
    "I pointed my torch at something 300yds away last night"
    "I've developed custom batteries for my torch"

Don't know really ,my stalking buddy and I don't share costs Ect unless we go on a long trip then share fuel costs as we stalk weekly on each others permissions it tends to even itself out suppose this could work lamping if one did the same ,I tend to lamp on my own on quad the costs of which the boss picks up anyway .
    norma

We tend to share the driving, both have all the gear needed, we tend to take one foxing rifle and a 22 rimmy, we alternate each time we go out, if we have a blank(which is rare at he moment) the person shooting the foxing rifle shoots next outing. We use NV rather than lamp these days and use dedicated as well as a decent NV spotter each.

NEver really had a lamp man as such, IVe always shot with other shooters so hard to say how it would work in those circumstances.

Im trying to convince him to apply dir his fac so we can alternate turns therfore soread the cost abit between us. Very annoying when you buy all the gear for someone else to use and often break!

Quote Originally Posted by 204 Ruger View Post
    NEver really had a lamp man as such,
    Ruger, i'm quite disapointed in you, in these modern times when every walk of life is scrutinized and policed by the PC brigade, should that not have been "Lamp person" ?

Tikkat3

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Ruger, i'm quite disapointed in you, in these modern times when every walk of life is scrutinized and policed by the PC brigade, should that not have been "Lamp person" ?

Tikkat3
    LOL.....no, it was meant to be lamp man...I got shooting to get some time away from the Mrs.

We dont take turns or worry about whos doing what.Personally, i just like being out.Most of the time the farmer drives and lamps.Hes young and has sharp eyes.Not like my forty five year old units.He spots foxes that i would miss, so its horses for courses.He has no interest in shooting but loves being out.
    Our other mate is a keeper and has sharp eyes.We tend to take it in turns to shoot.If i lamp, i`m often asked to flash the light back as hes seen something i havent.

Fuel is never mentioned.Its a case of who has the most suitable truck that counts.
    Last edited by Bumble; 27-01-2013 at 23:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    We dont take turns or worry about whos doing what.Personally, i just like being out.Most of the time the farmer drives and lamps.Hes young and has sharp eyes.Not like my forty five year old units.He spots foxes that i would miss, so its horses for courses.He has no interest in shooting but loves being out.
    Our other mate is a keeper and has sharp eyes.We tend to take it in turns to shoot.If i lamp, i`m often asked to flash the light back as hes seen something i havent.

Fuel is never mentioned.Its a case of who has the most suitable truck that counts.
    +1

I agree bumble, but when your the one thats always driving it adds up!! 20 quid on a bights lamping dosent go far with 2 or 3 outings aweek