Thread: Neck sizing

Neck sizing

I have been full length sizing my brass for both my rifles and have worked up some great loads .All cloverleaf groups.
    I now intend to neck size the cases ,with the occaisional full length ,as they will only be used in my rifles . The question is , is it going to change the accuracy of the load at all ,as in effect the load I have worked up, the brass was to sammi spec,and now they will be fireformed to that particular rifle.
    Anyone? Brough.

Should improve it, try it and see!

Regards

Bob

You're shooting cloverleafs.
    What in God's name are you expecting from necksizing? NEck sizing hunting rounds is generally not advised due to (possible) chambering problems. I'd think twice about fixing what isn't broken. JMHO. ~Muir

You're shooting cloverleafs.
    What in God's name are you expecting from necksizing? NEck sizing hunting rounds is generally not advised due to (possible) chambering problems. I'd think twice about fixing what isn't broken. JMHO. ~Muir

As you are already shooting cloverleafs, you will probably see no (or very little) improvement to accuracy.

You will, however, notice an increase in the life of the brass you are using.

If the brass is already fireformed you should have no problems with chambering.

I have neck sized for over 20yrs and never had a problem chambering a round whether paper punching or hunting

All advice taken on board chaps thanks Brough