Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrilled Hunter

Thrilled Hunter

No yeeehaaa, just a thrilled hunter...

I love the way this guy is so excited about the buck he shoots, and given his age and the fact he mentions he has hunted all over, the excitement is still there. Brill....

Is that not the feeling every stalker/hunter gets every time they see, stalk & take that perfect shot. I do
    Wingy

I think he was pleased do you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Galloway Deer Stalking

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Is that not the feeling every stalker/hunter gets every time they see, stalk & take that perfect shot. I do
    Wingy
    I know for a fact it's not...

Great to see someone that's still so enthusiastic about deer, even aged 70!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

He sounds very happy. On the shot watch one departing in the trees behind his buck

His red hat sort of makes him look like father christmas! especially about 3mins in

Now that is a 'Power Band'!

Agree with JR - sadly a good number of 'hunters' give the impression that quarry represents little more than a reactive target. Personal views aside on the emotive/ respect side of things, it seems that they actually miss out on a huge part of the hunting equation.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Now that is a 'Power Band'!

Agree with JR - sadly a good number of 'hunters' give the impression that quarry represents little more than a reactive target. Personal views aside on the emotive/ respect side of things, it seems that they actually miss out on a huge part of the hunting equation.
    I had an American guest out for roe a few years ago. We had the chance on a small roebuck that was quite far up a ride in young forestry that was just about closing in. He felt it was a bit far out (no more than 200yds) but was using my 25-06. I encouraged him (without pushing) to take the shot as I knew the ground, rifle and so on. he did and shot was good but the young buck ran into the trees. We found the strike, blood, hair and then tracked it under the canopy but kept loosing the trail. I did not have the dogs there and though we were going to have to return later. Anyway, after about 30mins of tracking it by what little sign there was I found it 70yds away in a ditch in the trees. He reacted like the guy on the video! Hugging and back slapping (no kissing)! He was almost moved to tears, and kept referring to Apache like tracking skills, whereas I was embarrassed that I had not brought a dog which would have found it in seconds.

This was his first Scottish Roebuck. He loved to hunt and had done so all his life and the size of the trophy meant nothing to him.Great to see and be part of...

That's how you should feel everything you shoot a deer. Nice to see Jim appreciate a good deer