Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nd 3x50

Nd 3x50

I have recently acquired one of these and want to be able to mount it on top of a scope, the only trouble is the fitting that came with it will not fit under the saddle mount on my scopes. Is there an alternative that will sort this problem for me?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

no sure what you mean but mine just fastens round tube on scope just like scope rings upside down??

stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John

Blaser john might be the problem they seem to be most of the time might have been beter to spend money on a sauer. But i hope you get it sorted before i come to see you.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John
    John

I (think I) had a similar problem with my IOR - it wouldn't fit in a regular saddlemount. The options were to go for high rings/risers for the saddlemount or to use a MAK mount. I did the latter, using a Picatinny rail. It worked well, but having sold the IOR and bought a Zeiss I am now back to using a regular saddlemount. I have just sold the MAK mount, but here's a picture of it:

I then used Leupold Quick Release (QRW) mounts on top, which gave me plenty of clearance.

Hope this helps.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Another thought - would one of the Clulite mounts work (http://clulite.cluson.co.uk/led-gun-...-gun-lite.html)

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

i,m not rich enough to look at a blaser nevermind own one, sure someone will fix you up jayb.

stav[

QUOTE=JAYB;513679]Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John[/QUOTE]
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

SD Regular
    JayB,

An alternative option is to mount a small piece of picatinny rail on the fore-end QD stud (assuming you have one fitted) - Weaver do one - and then mount the ND using a standard (although I find the offset one better) 25mm mount. This works pretty well. I guess you could mount a normal picatinny rail by more conventional means too.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have just been on the phone to Tartinjock and it looks like good old TJ has got just the thing kicking about amongst his kit somewhere

John

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Email sent with a pic . Let me know.
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position