Nd 3x50

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I have recently acquired one of these and want to be able to mount it on top of a scope, the only trouble is the fitting that came with it will not fit under the saddle mount on my scopes. Is there an alternative that will sort this problem for me?

John

no sure what you mean but mine just fastens round tube on scope just like scope rings upside down??

stav

Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John

Blaser john might be the problem they seem to be most of the time might have been beter to spend money on a sauer. But i hope you get it sorted before i come to see you.

Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John

John

I (think I) had a similar problem with my IOR - it wouldn't fit in a regular saddlemount. The options were to go for high rings/risers for the saddlemount or to use a MAK mount. I did the latter, using a Picatinny rail. It worked well, but having sold the IOR and bought a Zeiss I am now back to using a regular saddlemount. I have just sold the MAK mount, but here's a picture of it:

f0f88e2bd3f05cae6edfc93a24f2d40f.jpg

I then used Leupold Quick Release (QRW) mounts on top, which gave me plenty of clearance.

Hope this helps.

willie_gunn

i,m not rich enough to look at a blaser nevermind own one, sure someone will fix you up jayb.

stav[

QUOTE=JAYB;513679]Thats right but myscope sits in a saddle mount, it's a blaser, and the supplied fixing attachment will not fit between the scope body and saddle mount. I'm sure that somebody said they had found some alternative mounts but I can't find the post.

John[/QUOTE]

JayB,

An alternative option is to mount a small piece of picatinny rail on the fore-end QD stud (assuming you have one fitted) - Weaver do one - and then mount the ND using a standard (although I find the offset one better) 25mm mount. This works pretty well. I guess you could mount a normal picatinny rail by more conventional means too.

I have just been on the phone to Tartinjock and it looks like good old TJ has got just the thing kicking about amongst his kit somewhere :D

John

I use either a short 25mm ring mounted rail, which I have ground down to fit the saddle mounted scope, or a short length of rail
mounted as EtR says under the sling swivel, I don't use the supplied adjustable mounts at all, but prefer to use a Burris signature ring.
The plastic ring liners give enough adjustment to get the beam on target, and then lock up securely.

Neil. :)

Back