Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else wonder about the Distribution side of the gun trade?

Does anybody else wonder about the Distribution side of the gun trade?

I have been trying for a good many months to buy an Aimpoint Micro H1 2moa with integral Blaser Mount. Open Season were very helpful to start with, but not apparently interested in selling one, and did not return E mails. Edgar Bros let my RFD down several times over deliveries and ended up by not giving a firm date.Their quoted recommended retail price is 949.
    Luckily an Italian friend of mine bought me one from France for 668 euros[+- 540], and very nifty it is too.
    Regards, Todhunter

Yes. I've waited from months to well over a year for rifles that have been ordered. So far as I can see the importers don't have any direct control over what comes in to them or when. They get given ETA's but this is meaningless until the crate arrives and they see what is in it. If what you have ordered isn't in it then the ETA simply gets moved back to the next shipment I'm not sure why this is but I'd guess it's probably because the UK market is so small that we are playing second fiddle to the US and other larger buyers. We have no buying power.

It can certainly be frustrating whatever the cause!

Alex

A friend of mine who runs a gun shop ordered a CZ 30-06 for a customer from Edgar Brothers. He has now waited 7 months and has been told it could be another 4 months.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    A friend of mine who runs a gun shop ordered a CZ 30-06 for a customer from Edgar Brothers. He has now waited 7 months and has been told it could be another 4 months.
    So a nine month wait for a Sauer 202 stutzen left handed wasn't too bad then! I thought it was a bit long for a machine made rifle with interchangeable components

joke really they can build a car alot quicker than a gun

Had to wait over 8 months for a Mauser barrel from open season to my RFD once, it's unbelievable how poor the ordering and distribution system is in the UK for firearms, and everybody in the chain blames everyone else !

They will only import things into this country when they can fill a container with goods to make it worth their while if they have just taken delivery of a container then yes you may have a long wait until they have filled the next one depending on orders

I`m after an item that i saw in one of the shooting mags.Rang the importer to be told they had one in stock, and if i had my dealer order it they would send it straight away.
    He ordered it and couldnt understand why it hadnt appeared in his regular shipment on two occasions and was appologetic.
    I rang them and eventually found it was not in fact in stock, but on back order.No idea when it might turn up, but would let me know.
    I found them very helpfull otherwise, and they did go to a lot of effort to find out what went wrong, however, i do wonder if they keep very low or non existent stock levels then import items on back order just to keep a flow going without money sitting on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    joke really they can build a car alot quicker than a gun
    lad at work had an 11 month wait for a skoda octavia last year.

I've been waiting 9 months for a Sauer spare mag, ordered from one of there so called UK retailers