Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Tax Question?

Road Tax Question?

Does anybody know of website which outlines the amount of road tax for any given vehicle, in particular 4x4's?

I have seen some sites that give emission bands ect, but just looking for something that gives me the actual costs without having to supply reg plate details ect..

Trying to decide on my next 4x4 and want to factor in road tax as part of the running costs..

Thanks in advance,

Peter

i think vosa/dvla website tell you.

stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

i think pick ups such as hilux and navara are classed as work vehicles/tools and are same as road cars tax wise. could be wrong but worth checking out.

find a similar year car on ebay,

use that number to check the VED

And remember, at three years old it's the emissions that matter on the MOT test, not the category of the "as new" vehicle.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    And remember, at three years old it's the emissions that matter on the MOT test, not the category of the "as new" vehicle.

Stan
    You have lost me here. a vehicle newer than march 1st 2001 has its tax rated on its carbon emissions measured in CO2 g/km. This is done by the European emissions standards and set at pre production as does all the other standards a vehicle must meet to be produced and sold commercialy. The fact that when the car reaches its mot age the emissions get worse as the car gets older does not change the taxation band of the vehicle. Manly as an MOT emissions test does not measure the CO2 g/km in fact a diesel emissions test is simply a beam of light shone through the exhaust smoke to a light sensor to measure density of the smoke no gas analysis is performed.

Didn't 2nd Jan 2013 enact Labours last Green efforts of 2010 ?

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by DANDAN View Post
    i think pick ups such as hilux and navara are classed as work vehicles/tools and are same as road cars tax wise. could be wrong but worth checking out.
    I think it depends if its classed as a "commercial vehicle"..if it is, I believe its a flat rate of 210 a year regardless of emissions..Thats a considerable saving as a similar none commercial vehicle can be as high as 470 a year, hence why I am looking for some concerete info..

Pete, you looking to shift your Jimny then?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!