Thread: Battue open sights.

Battue open sights.

I am trying to find a set of battue sights to fit my T3 for . My gundealer has tried GMK but with out any luck ( no supprise there though).
    I have found that Brownells sell Tikka t3 Battue open sights and will ship to them to the UK but with no pictures so am a little wary of ordering a set.
    Do any of you know of any other source of this type of sight on this side of the pond?

Bob

Reiver I think you will find that GMK don't nomally import rifles with battue sights because there's no market for them, well at least that is what I was told when I enquired a few years ago. You will find pictures of battue sights in the Sako/Tikka brochures is your T3 drilled and tapped already to take open sights if not you will have to get that done. If it is tapped it will be simple task to fit them but I can only suggest that you try one of the Euopean gunshop sites if you want to obtain the parts.
    One place that I would try in this country is Alan Rhone he may not have the Tikka rib but he could obtain a Reckhangel sight and rib and his gunsmith is very good. The only thing I would say is that he is not cheap but the work is very good.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    google has the answer for everything!

Tikka T3 Battue Rifle - Rifle - Guns - Firearms
    Yes but not for where to buy the sights only and not the rifle here in the UK

8x57
    I have looked on the frankonia web site without much luck though as yet.
    Do you Know if Kettner is still on the go or has it gone to the wall?

bob
    Last edited by reiver; 28-01-2013 at 17:25.

I think they are but I believe they are not the same as in the past, can't quite remember what the problem was. Why not try www.kettner.de
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post
    Yes but not for where to buy the sights only and not the rifle here in the UK
    Tikka T3 | World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

surely Brownells will post this, its a lump of steel, not pressure bearing?
    $200

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Tikka T3 | World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

As I said in my first post

I have found that Brownells sell Tikka t3 Battue open sights and will ship to them to the UK but with no pictures so am a little wary of ordering a set.
    Do any of you know of any other source of this type of sight on this side of the pond?

surely Brownells will post this, its a lump of steel, not pressure bearing?
    $200

I have found that Brownells sell Tikka t3 Battue open sights and will ship to them to the UK but with no pictures and so am a little wary of ordering a set.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post

I have found that Brownells sell Tikka t3 Battue open sights and will ship to them to the UK but with no pictures and so am a little wary of ordering a set.
    So email or telephone Brownells and ask them for a photo or diagram. I've always found them to be very helpfull.

-JMS