Thread: butt stock and barrel for Franchi 48-AL 12ga shotgun

butt stock and barrel for Franchi 48-AL 12ga shotgun

I've acquired a Franchi 48-AL 12ga shotgun.

Firstly, the butt stock has been shortened by about 4cm (presumably so a youth can shoot it). The removed piece has been re-fastened and the stock poorly painted with varnish. If anyone has a butt stock in factory condition, I'd be interested in having it.

Secondly, the barrel that came with the gun is bored 3/4 choke which is a bit tight for my purposes. I could get it opened up but if anyone has a barrel to sell, which is say improved cylinder or 1/4 or 1/2 choke, I'd be interested to hear. The 1/4 would be marked with four stars, the half choke would be marked with three stars. (The one I have is marked with two stars = 3/4 choke or thereabouts.)

-JMS

There was one of those quite cheap in tenbury guns . The shop isnt there any more but gary the ower still deals from his house and a shop in birmingham . Might be worth contacting him The Gun Shop . I think it was in ok condition . I have one and they are exelent guns .

Still looking for the following.

The butt stock on this gun has been shortened and then re-extended, and badly varnished. If anyone has a butt stock in reasonable condition and the factory finish, I'd be interested in buying it.

The barrel that is on my gun is bored 3/4 choke which is a bit tight for my purposes. If anyone has a barrel to sell, which is 1/4 or 1/2 choke, I'd be interested. Good condition only please: wear marks in the blueing from the recoil action are expected, but not rust pitting as was the case with the barrel I looked at today.

A 1/4 choke barrel will be marked with four stars, the half choke will be marked with three stars, a 3/4 choke is marked with two stars and a full choke is marked with a single star.

-JMS

As you have the original we may be able to help!
    Please email me on the address in my signature.

Kind regards

Tom.