Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally bought my new .375h&h

Finally bought my new .375h&h

Well, I've done it, finally filled the vacant slot on my FAC for .375 holland and holland, I bought a CZ 550 from Donaldson's gunsmith in Milton Keynes, who I have to say were really very helpful, had plenty of stock, and were willing to do a good deal, god it's been a while since I've been so complimentary of the gun trade in this country!
    Picked up a box of federal 300grn soft nose too so I have got something to play with in the short term before I get stuck into reloading for it, it's on open sights currently, so a bit of confidence building on the range is all I'll be doing for a while I suspect, but it fits really snugly and although its a heavy beast it is really easy to hold steady on a target so I look forward to christening it at some point soon!

Surely thats just plain teasing withholding the pictures !!!!
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

If there are no pics, it didn't happen. ;-)

Sounds good, I have a CZ550. Are you going to shoot UK deer with it or is it for hunting abroad/range shooting ?

I can do pics if you insist, but to be fair, it is a pretty standard cz, I will oblige though, fear not! Buckaroo, hell yes, uk species, it's conditioned for any other lawful quarry, although I will probably resist using it for bunny bashing and nobble the occasional red with it, can't wait, although, the first shot might be a bit tentative as I'm used to my moderated .308, not 300 grain bulldozers!

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I can do pics if you insist, but to be fair, it is a pretty standard cz, I will oblige though, fear not! Buckaroo, hell yes, uk species, it's conditioned for any other lawful quarry, although I will probably resist using it for bunny bashing and nobble the occasional red with it, can't wait, although, the first shot might be a bit tentative as I'm used to my moderated .308, not 300 grain bulldozers!
    Didn't know you could get one of those for UK species. Wicked. Enjoy

I truely like the 375 H&H MAG . My first was a Ruger #1H that I traded before ever firing it . I got a Interarms Mark X Whitworth that had been stocked in a nice piece of walnut . Worked up a load for that one using the no longer made Nosler 260 grain BT . Took it whitetail hunting one day . The first deer I saw was directly under my stand so I aimed straight down almost between my feet and let fly , needless to say the doe piled up right there . Worked the bolt and caught the brass , reloaded and saw anouther one trotting by about 40 yards away so I let fly at her also . And as you may suspect it was boom flop . That bullet does a bang up job on whitetails no pun intended .

Those were the only two whitetails I killed with that rifle . I later traded it back to the fellow I got it from for the Ruger #1H 375 H&H MAG I had before . And that is the 375 I own to this day .

I've also worked a bit with my gunsmith buddies CZ550 375 H&H MAG and his gun shoots Federal Safari Grade 300 grain loads very nicely , almost as well as the handloads I did for the gun !

A couple of pictures as requested......

wow thats a big one, what will you be useing it for.