New Leica geovid HDB

Grant.N

New Leica Geovis HDB 8x42 £2650
£530 of that is vat
sorry but I know everything is subject to vat but this 20% vat is killing trade.
The government say they are trying to kick start the economy, well how about reducing vat ? It is not rocket science !

New Leica Geovis HDB 8x42 £2650
£530 of that is vat
sorry but I know everything is subject to vat but this 20% vat is killing trade.
The government say they are trying to kick start the economy, well how about reducing vat ? It is not rocket science !

Even if they were VAT free they would still be £3-400 overpriced compared with the competition WITH V.A.T.

I'm sorry, but if you are considering paying or can even afford for that matter almost £1,000 over a competitor's product which, optically (and that is surely the most important factor here) is arguably no better and almost £1,000 more than the existing product then a couple of hundred quid in price reduction due to a VAT reduction is NOT going to sway your decision!

You'll be gutted the first time you scrope them between your chest and a rock mind.... I thought £1,800 for my Zeiss was bad but £2,650 for a pair of bins is obscene!

What is the warranty period on these rangefinding binoculars? At over £2,000 of our British pounds it would want to be a long period to give me peace of mind!

Simon

No-one has seen them yet, so a bit difficult to compare the optics!
But yes, that is a lot of money.

It doesn't matter how good the optics are or how much better, if at all. The human eye won't be able to tell the difference... it's a bit like audiophiles (I am qualified for this dig, I used to be one) who spend 10s of thousands of pounds on hifi in search of perfect sound... in reality, any noticeable incremental improvements ceased to matter many, many thousands of pounds earlier and one then just tries to convince oneself the money was well spent and made a difference... at that point it's all about ego! and any improvements are in the mind not in the ear!!

The situation with bins is no different..

From the reports I have got from the Shot show they are the dogs danglies.

Well of course they are, they are new and they are the most expensive thing on the market! anything that satisfies those 2 criteria will be met with loud applause fom those that handle them for 3 minutes to the sound of oooohhhs and ahhhhs!

They will be, I'm sure, awesome bins... as are the existing Geovids (apart from the steam driven tech!) but almost £1k more expensive than the competition... I'm sorry, that's the difference between a ferrari owner and a Nissan GTr owner... the Nissan is a better car in every catagory, the ferarri has a dancing horse on the bonnet... is that dancing horse worth an extra £100k... not at all... it is a status symbol pure and simple...

If they had priced the new Geovids at or around the £2k mark.... I might have been tempted to take a butchers.. but, for now, they have priced themselves out of the market for me! although I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will put their hands in their pocket for them....

Wonder how long it will be before Swaro retaliate with the first £3k pair! :D

Back