Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicates?

Syndicates?

Hi all,

as I mentioned in my intro I stumbled on your forum when searching for shooting syndicates. I am not a stalker however and my abilities, and license, restricts me to a shotgun and air rile bagging the odd pigeon or rabbit.

i found a syndicate called Sweethills Land Management and met Ray in a pub near Bradford where we chatted for an hour about the syndicate and shooting opportunities for me. it all sounded good (perhaps a little too good) and i started to become a member. i have all the documents and cheque ready to go and thought i would do a quick forum search before my 400 quid went off with Pat.

i was rather troubled to see some less than complimentary posts on here though and at the risk of opening old wounds I wondered if anyone would be able to offer some advice or reassurance?

thanks in advance,

Sorry I forgot to mention that any other recommendations for syndicates would also b very welcome! Hanks all,

Had no experience of the syndicate your asking about. I have (as it seems you may have already found) read a lot of bad comments about it though. To be honest I would be a bit nervous of joining if it was me. Sure someone else with more to say on them will be along soon though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lego View Post
    Hi all,

as I mentioned in my intro I stumbled on your forum when searching for shooting syndicates. I am not a stalker however and my abilities, and license, restricts me to a shotgun and air rile bagging the odd pigeon or rabbit.

i found a syndicate called Sweethills Land Management and met Ray in a pub near Bradford where we chatted for an hour about the syndicate and shooting opportunities for me. it all sounded good (perhaps a little too good) and i started to become a member. i have all the documents and cheque ready to go and thought i would do a quick forum search before my 400 quid went off with Pat.

i was rather troubled to see some less than complimentary posts on here though and at the risk of opening old wounds I wondered if anyone would be able to offer some advice or reassurance?

thanks in advance,

Been there done that and it was the most stupidest way I've spent 350.

i signed up specifically for some stalking - which was free and was covered in the cost. Within two weeks of being a member the rules had changed stalking was charged separately and so I was (I feel) swindled - incidentally no other areas of sport they advertised as inclusive changed. I went on one stalk - and paid good money to see nothing, watch one of the blokes running it proceed to call foxes and put me on a footpath to watch a corner of a wood where traffic frequented - whilst I was there!

wrote it off after that night and then watched on here as other members tore the buggers apart over boar shooting in pens and a load of other issues resulting in them being kicked off a number of others sites.

your money pal your choice -

t

Most of these syndicates are basically a means to getting your FAC - you just won't have anything to shoot! Fine if you just want a licence and you've money to burn, but personally I'd just wait until someone you know and trust puts you onto a syndicate or bit of land.

Steer well clear!!!! What the guy claims and what you get are poles apart. He even posted pictures of another stalkers land claiming it was on his books.

My advice would be to steer well clear there's a lot of folks out there running scams , there are some great people on this forum who in sure would be able to pony you in the right direction

Thanks all, I had some doubts and the responses I have had have been very helpful. I am sure I will pick up experience and friends in time so no rush for the shoots and FAC.

+1 on all the above replies

SD Regular
    Been there got ridden hard . If its too goo to be true it is .

Myself and two other members were dropped off by Ray on a country lane with the verbal instructions of "all this land round here is mine and i will pick you up at tea time .

I terminated my membership within two months along with a few more members .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC