Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Butcher

Game Butcher

Good evening all,

Buy any chance would anybody know of a buthers in the Leyland / Preston, Lancashire area that would butcher my first roe for me !?

Sorry if this is not the right area to ask this question.

Adam,

My experience is, take the jacket off, and any butcher will treat it the same as a lamb for a small fee. (5-10)

Stan

Thanks for that Stan but at the moment i would'nt know where to start to get the jacket off so fingers crossed a friendly butcher will also do that for me !

Butcher won't be able to take carcass with jacket on. Can you get a mate to help? We all have to tackle our first time and appreciate that some guidance would help but it is just like a big rabbit.

Sounds like someone needs to invest in a DSC Level 1 Course, in the future.

I am sure you can find a mate to help you; I would, but I am in Washington State, USA, until June of 2014. At which time I will be living in Scotland; hopefully Tain.

Quote Originally Posted by Penyard View Post
    Butcher won't be able to take carcass with jacket on. Can you get a mate to help? We all have to tackle our first time and appreciate that some guidance would help but it is just like a big rabbit.
    Thanks for that info Penyard as i didnt know that ! Well im not at work in the morning so fingers crossed i will manage.

Be sure to count your fingers before and after removing the jacket. ;-)

Serioulsy, you will see it is not all that complicated to do.

Good Luck and let us know how it went.

Thanks all i shall keep you updated !

Quote Originally Posted by Adam NW View Post
    Thanks for that Stan but at the moment i would'nt know where to start to get the jacket off so fingers crossed a friendly butcher will also do that for me !
    Here you go fella, make sure your knives are sharp and your fingers are out of the way.

Are you seriously suggesting that in this day and age you shot a roe deer with a view to turning it into venison yourself and were totally unprepared for it?
    Crack on and figure it out for yourself ......you should feel ashamed asking in my opinion.
    Last edited by Schiehallion; 28-01-2013 at 00:23.