Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Eka swingblade

  1. #1

    Eka swingblade

    What does everyone think about these ? Anyone have any problems ? And how do you sharpen the gutting blade ? Especially for use on bigger deer species .

  2. #2
    I really like mine, I use a blade-tech sharpener for the gutting blade. The only thing that lets it down is the quality of the sheath.

  3. #3
    I like it had no problems with mine I sharpen it with the blade-tec

    pendle
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

    A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by davefyffe View Post
    I really like mine, I use a blade-tech sharpener for the gutting blade. The only thing that lets it down is the quality of the sheath.
    Dave did you use it on your trip on the hinds? Is it big enough to bleed a red ?

  5. #5
    Yes, used it with no problems at all.

  6. #6
    Its plenty big enough, i use it all the time, you can buy a better sheath for it.
    Cheers
    Richard

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    What does everyone think about these ? Anyone have any problems ? And how do you sharpen the gutting blade ? Especially for use on bigger deer species .
    Exellant bit kit. Only problem I find with them is the broadness of the blade at the end, makes intricate work tricky (ar5e holes etc).
    As for the unzipping blade I just use a steel but very rarely have to do it as its only ever in contact with flesh.

    cheers. Matt.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    Exellant bit kit. Only problem I find with them is the broadness of the blade at the end, makes intricate work tricky (ar5e holes etc).
    As for the unzipping blade I just use a steel but very rarely have to do it as its only ever in contact with flesh.

    cheers. Matt.

    In a nutshell great review top class piece of kit

  9. #9
    Yeah i agree with all the above, I always carry a backup Mora knife this i use for intricate work on small Munties.

  10. #10
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    6,997
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I have one, its fine, but like all folders you end up with crud in the gaps. Fine if you're only shooting one deer, but a pain otherwise.

    Have now gone back to a fixed blade.

    willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale EKA Swingblade
    By monte in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-04-2015, 21:14
  2. *SOLD* EKA Swingblade
    By provider in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 19:09
  3. eka swingblade
    By waggy 1 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 20:30
  4. EKA Swingblade
    By TotalNovice in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 28-01-2012, 15:22
  5. EKA Swingblade
    By david1976 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2011, 15:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •