velocity

ziggy

after almost getting my fox load sorted out i was just wondering if someone might have a rough idea of how fast its being pushed. i dont have access to a chrony and i appreciate without one i cant get an exact answer but its just something that im curious about. the rifle is a tikka t3 hunter 1/12 twist .223 and im shooting a 53grain vmax over 26.5 grains of h4895. cheers guys, even if all i get is the reply of buy a bloody chrono you tight git :D

Why don't you simply look it up in your reloading manual that will give you as much of a guesstimate as most. Unless you run it through a chronagraph you will never really know what it is doing. The twist rate is nice to know but the length of the barrel may be more useful.

look word of advice mate listen to what mike { 8 x 57 } has told you look in your manual :idea:

then if your really want to test your groups against mine come down to monmouth for the h 4 h shoot
if mikes running one this year .

so i can tan your ass and send you back up to gainsbourgh feeling really ****ed off :oops: :rofl: regards pete

haha oh pete ill bet you a crumble!! yeah i did just have a look, but was just curious if someone had "a more definte" figure from using same components/rifle etc. im not too worried by velocity. ill tighten that group up just for you. im assuming your .222 is shooting tighter?

not been out with her recently mate done more homeloads but shes being rescoped just waiting for some
higher mounts to come through regards pete .

ah ok mate, nice one, let me know how it works out, i might bring a peace offering of some powder next trip

He's afraid to take that Remington out really, it's in such good condition he's afraid to spoil it by shooting it. Pete is going to put it on show in a museum.

Ziggy the Hogden site suggests that with a 53 grn bullet you should get roughly 3012 fps with 24.5 grains and 3238 with 26.4 grains which is a compressed load. Until you run your actual rifle load over the chronagraph you won't know what the actual velocity is. You are running slightly over the maximum listed load at the moment.

cheers for that mike, i did look in my lee manual but that gave max as 27 grains with something like 3384fps i think. i will check it at some point properly with a chrono but it was more of a curiousity than anything else :). its shooting well enough to not need any alterations to be honest but im wondering if i an get the groups any smaller now....isnt reloading fun :D

Back