Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: incineration

  1. #1

    incineration

    I spoke to AHVLA about my nearest incineration centre as I couldn't for the life of me find anything on google. they sent a 73 page list of sites in the UK, from TESCO's to poultry farms, but no specifics about which ones are commercially open for the public if you need to dispose of a carcass with a notifiable disease.

    anyone know if there is such a list, or if not, where the sites are in borders and edinburgh?

  2. #2
    Try hunting for fallen stock collection, i know off 1 small private incenerator near abington and i think Grays Hill (dunno where they're based) tend to be the main fallen stock collector around the biggar type area dunno how far east they go.

  3. #3
    Could try the Jed kennels....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    ........... i think Grays Hill (dunno where they're based) tend to be the main fallen stock collector around the biggar type area dunno how far east they go.

    Grayshill are based in Cumbernauld countrryboy

  5. #5
    Ask your nearest farmer who they use to collect fallen stock.

    What notifiable disease are you thinking you'd need to dispose of carcases?

    Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

  6. #6
    Out of interest how much would they charge you to incinerate one.... Obviously the different species may carry different prices due to size

  7. #7
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bonnie Scotland
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Try hunting for fallen stock collection, i know off 1 small private incenerator near abington and i think Grays Hill (dunno where they're based) tend to be the main fallen stock collector around the biggar type area dunno how far east they go.
    Bob Johnstone up at Boghouse farm, Crawfordjohn used to, but I've a vague recollection that he packed it in... Worth a phonecall though.

  8. #8
    Was Bob i was thinking off althou u have to take the carcass to him (prob in phone book under easterton farm, boghouse is where his son is) i also see a lot off grays hill lorries up that area, i'm sure i've seen them over towards the selkirk area too.

    Can u send a deer with a notifiable disease to a normal knackery/incenerator with a standard pick up service, or does it have to be taken on its own wrapped up/or sealed some how.
    I also wouldn't imagine u couldnae take a notifable carcass to the hunt kennels

  9. #9
    Surely if its a notifiable disease,then DEFRA will advise of disposal options when you notify them,it will probably be taken out of your hands????

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Surely if its a notifiable disease,then DEFRA will advise of disposal options when you notify them,it will probably be taken out of your hands????
    If not mistaken
    Different rules some times apply when wild deer are in question compared to domestic stock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •