Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TOWER FOR THE BOAR

TOWER FOR THE BOAR

Hi All
    Just thought I would share a pic of the tower Andy and I have built to keep us warm while waiting for the boar this winter

As you can see we have the waste pipe for the loo below we just have to plumb it in.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    Looks luxurious!

Where do you plug the spotlights in??.......or are you guys the exception to the rule when it comes to 'stalking' wild boar?

Or is it that the boar in your area have been so heavily lamped...sorry 'stalked'.......that their nocturnal forays have now become more crepuscular and you are cashing in on this, hence the the palace on stilts!!

looks good

stephen magson
    said

Looks luxurious!

Where do you plug the spotlights in??.......or are you guys the exception to the rule when it comes to 'stalking' wild boar?

Or is it that the boar in your area have been so heavily lamped...sorry 'stalked'.......that their nocturnal forays have now become more crepuscular and you are cashing in on this, hence the the palace on stilts!!

Stephen
    Please explain to me how to hunt them correctly?? we are obviously doing it wrong.

Wayne

Wayne, looks the business.

I have sat out in a couple of similar "seats" in the Czech Rep. One night in particular it was spectacularly cold, about -15deg C.

Get a swivel office chair up in there, you can then rotate to whatever side of the hide the piggies appear at... 8)

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    WAYNE

Sorry mate, i wasn't trying to be personal with that comment, i was just having a little dig in general and to see what kind of response it provoked.
    By no means am i even going to attempt to tell someone as experienced as yourself at the hunting of 'sus scrofa' how to go about their task!

I guess my experience at culling deer under license with a spotlight has left a bad taste, knowing how easy it is and feeling like they are reduced to nothing more than vermin status. I haven't shot boar, only trapped them, drugged them, stuck a tracking device in their lughole and then followed their 'blips' all night.......oh yes i also had a 16 stone sow in a head/body lock after it charged and knocked over a colleague, and then went to bite her leg whilst she was on the floor!.....this sow had just been un-aneasthetised (perhaps the ketamine was still working).

Hope i didn't cause offence

Regards

Steve

HIGH TOWER

Nice tower wayne but whats worrying me is if your in one half and andy is in the other where am i supposed to sit ? [THE ROOF].

Looks the business mate
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

boar tower

Well done Wayne & Andy,all you need now is Pamela Anderson stood at the bottem in her red swimsuit & a pair of your binos. only joking,im sure your hard work will pay off this winter
    ATB Andy

Looks good mate. How far are the posts dug into the ground.

Am going to have a go. Its just what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen magson
    oh yes i also had a 16 stone sow in a head/body lock after it charged and knocked over a colleague, and then went to bite her leg whilst she was on the floor
    Why would you want to bite a 16 stone sow on the leg? Isn't that animal cruelty?