Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mannlicher stutzen stock removal

Question Mannlicher stutzen stock removal

Hi Guys.
    Ive brought said rifle second hand. As with all new/second hand guns I like to strip them down and make sure everything is all good. The question is how do I remove the action from the stock. Ive taken out the two retaining srews for the action but the trigger guard will not come past the trigger as it hits the bend on the trigger blade. Have I missed something ?
    Any Info would be greatly recived.
    Jon.

I don't know the answer to your question, but nice choice of rifle! What calibre is it?

Not sure if these will be of use Jon but you might be able to glean some info from them.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/file...PROVARMINT.pdf

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/file...odell_1950.pdf
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Its a .243 lovely gun. the stock needs an oiling so Ive brought a kit to give it the full treatment.

Ive had a shmooze at the Steyr site but it gives me the same info on what Ive already done, loosen the two screws and the action falls away. Ive since found that it was manufactured in 1989. It also does not have the set trigger as per the website. Im thinking its an after market trigger. Theres zero creep and its quite light. The trigger blade is very curved, wrap round your finger curved, this is whats stopping the trigger guard from being removed.
    Jon
    Last edited by jontie3332; 28-01-2013 at 18:06.

You may have already solved this as I didn't see your post until today but in case you haven't. The Makrolon trigger guard and magazine shroud are pretty tough and will stand a bit of wriggling.

It would be very helpful to see a photo or so if possible. The trigger is too far forward to allow it to clear the trigger guard but you also say it has zero creep and is quite light. It may be a silly question but have you fired it? Is it possible that it is a push forward to set trigger that is now stuck there? Is there a little allen key socket just forward of the trigger root? Has it got a stock mounted safety just below the back of the bolt?

Knots

I've just bought a Sauer .243 stutzen, i think they are becomeing the new must have ! Back to proper stalking with an eliment of chance not bughole lazer ranged snipeing.

I have one arriving imminentely too. "Proper stalking" is all well and good, but really, they just look and handle brilliantly. Stutzens are the new black.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Stutzens are the new black.
    They always were but not a lot of people know that! Don't talk about them too much or everyone will want one & the price will go up!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I have one arriving imminentely too. "Proper stalking" is all well and good, but really, they just look and handle brilliantly. Stutzens are the new black.
    Lets hope so but I expect to see you at the next BSRC Match Day in full Loden and with none of this double sticks c--p but rather a proper Alpine SINGLE stick!

Cheers

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Lets hope so but I expect to see you at the next BSRC Match Day in full Loden and with none of this double sticks c--p but rather a proper Alpine SINGLE stick!

Cheers

K
    The rifle in the photo appears to be an older version of the one I've ordered. I'm afraid I don't have anything in loden, although I also avoid cammo (difficult with wildfowling gear though, which is daft as it's all covered in mud anyway). I've also just taken delivery of some double sticks, sorry. Look man, it's a rifle, not a complete lifestyle choice!

But I very much hope to put in a creditable performance with it at a BSRC match one of these days. I'm hoping to go to the range day on wednesday to try it out, although that depends on delivery.