Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Highlands

Hello from the Highlands

Hi all,

New member in the Highlands here. I'm 30, live North of Inverness and am self employed working in Forestry and conservation.

I've been being mentored by a stalker for the last couple o years helping with spotting, dragging gralloching etc, and am in the process of sorting out my FAC & deer management level 1. I grew up in an estate environment though so i've been around shooty stuff a while.

Macleods is my local (by Highland distances anyway) - never realised Gregor was so famous 'til I came on here!

Cheers for now,

Wheesht!
    Last edited by Wheesht!; 28-01-2013 at 19:20.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Welcome Wheesht, plenty of SD Members up and around you. Welcome to the chaos, I'm sure you'll enjoy what this has to offer.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

welcome along. what part of the north are you from? I lived 6 miles from John o Croats for 13 years

Good evening and welcome from a fellow newbie !

You will not be disappointed with the wealth of knowledge and members willingness to help

Adam.

Thanks both.

I'm in the Tain, Dornoch, Golspie, Lairg area. Forgive me for being a bit vague - security and all that....

TJ - hoping to book my level 1 down in your neck of the woods - i'll give you a wave when i'm passing!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam NW View Post
    Good evening and welcome from a fellow newbie !

You will not be disappointed with the wealth of knowledge and members willingness to help

Adam.
    Cheers Adam, been reading posts for a while and thought it was about time I actually joined.

Welcolme (wheesht) I used to work up at Borgie forest and am in full time deer management, if your interested in DMQ1 i have dates available, PM me for more info.
    I also do a fair bit of buisness with winky at tain.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by brian.celt View Post
    Welcolme (wheesht) I used to work up at Borgie forest and am in full time deer management, if your interested in DMQ1 i have dates available, PM me for more info.
    I also do a fair bit of buisness with winky at tain.
    Cheers
    Borgie eh - that's a big old lump of trees!
    I'll get in touch ref DMQ1 if needs be once I know what's happening. I'm up to my neck in maps trying to schedule my work for this year at the moment....

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the site, so you know my old mate Gregor do you we must be neighbours ,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

JAYB - I think we probably live closer than either of us realises! You're not far West of Bonar right?