Hello from the Highlands

Wheesht!

Hi all,

New member in the Highlands here. I'm 30, live North of Inverness and am self employed working in Forestry and conservation.

I've been being mentored by a stalker for the last couple o years helping with spotting, dragging gralloching etc, and am in the process of sorting out my FAC & deer management level 1. I grew up in an estate environment though so i've been around shooty stuff a while.

Macleods is my local (by Highland distances anyway) - never realised Gregor was so famous 'til I came on here!

Cheers for now,

Wheesht!

Last edited:
Welcome Wheesht, plenty of SD Members up and around you. Welcome to the chaos, I'm sure you'll enjoy what this has to offer.

TJ

Good evening and welcome from a fellow newbie !

You will not be disappointed with the wealth of knowledge and members willingness to help :)

Adam.

Thanks both.

I'm in the Tain, Dornoch, Golspie, Lairg area. Forgive me for being a bit vague - security and all that....

TJ - hoping to book my level 1 down in your neck of the woods - i'll give you a wave when i'm passing!

Good evening and welcome from a fellow newbie !

You will not be disappointed with the wealth of knowledge and members willingness to help :)

Adam.

Cheers Adam, been reading posts for a while and thought it was about time I actually joined.

Welcolme (wheesht) I used to work up at Borgie forest and am in full time deer management, if your interested in DMQ1 i have dates available, PM me for more info.
I also do a fair bit of buisness with winky at tain.
Cheers

Welcolme (wheesht) I used to work up at Borgie forest and am in full time deer management, if your interested in DMQ1 i have dates available, PM me for more info.
I also do a fair bit of buisness with winky at tain.
Cheers

Borgie eh - that's a big old lump of trees!
I'll get in touch ref DMQ1 if needs be once I know what's happening. I'm up to my neck in maps trying to schedule my work for this year at the moment....

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the site, so you know my old mate Gregor do you we must be neighbours :),

John

Welcome to the site...I'm self employed in the forestry industry too... lots of sika in the woods up your way !

Sikamalc: kettle's on if you're ever up this way :thumb:
Scotlanddeerstalking: a doll from the Doll eh? I used to know a couple of those but married a Southerner for my sins! Still, I eventually convinced her the Highlands was the best place to be :D
Scotspine: see you in the wood sometime maybe :cool:
JAYB: PM headed your way shortly :camo:

Sikamalc: kettle's on if you're ever up this way :thumb:
Scotlanddeerstalking: a doll from the Doll eh? I used to know a couple of those but married a Southerner for my sins! Still, I eventually convinced her the Highlands was the best place to be :D
Scotspine: see you in the wood sometime maybe :cool:
JAYB: PM headed your way shortly :camo:

Will be up your way later in the year, hope we can catch up then.

Back