Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ridgeline mountain shirt

ridgeline mountain shirt

Any one tried the Ridgeline Mountain Shirt Buy Ridgeline Storm Warm Jacket Mountain Shirt - shop at suppliers Scott Country

I was just about to go out and buy a Bufallo special 6 shirt then say this at nearly half the price so would like to hear opinions on it, I have some high seat shooting lined up and last time I got so cold that I was glad that I didn't see any deer because I was shivering too much to shoot!

Cheers,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    Any one tried the Ridgeline Mountain Shirt Buy Ridgeline Storm Warm Jacket Mountain Shirt - shop at suppliers Scott Country

I was just about to go out and buy a Bufallo special 6 shirt then say this at nearly half the price so would like to hear opinions on it, I have some high seat shooting lined up and last time I got so cold that I was glad that I didn't see any deer because I was shivering too much to shoot!

Cheers,

Martin

Make sure you try on before you buy. They are unbelievably small made. I am normally a Large-XL and think I was up at a XXXL before I felt it was comfortable. Other than that they seemed a very good item for the money especially for what you intend using it for. I was only in having a look around and thought I would try one on. May buy it yet!

I have one and its brilliant, again re-iterate the size issue I usually take a M had to get a large even then it's snug!!

Had mine for a few weeks now, great jacket. only had a montane before so compared to that i would say its not as warm but is more breathable, great for everyday use, not very waterproof, only takes a small shower, dont leave your mob in the top pocket! they are very tight fitting, i went for a medium and can only wear a thin cotton shirt or wicking layer under it, the arms are tight too. not as well made as buffalo or montane but not bad for the price, see them for 45 at swillington!

Thanks for the feedback, I have gone up one size and hope that it wont be too snug, ordered from Swillinton - thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Martin

Over the years I have tried several very poor imitations of the Buffalo, none have lasted, or worked so well as the Special 6.
    Just buy the Buffalo and be done with it, buy once cry once.

Neil.

They are supposed to be worn directly next to the skin to function correctly. You should not be wearing anything under it. A snug fit will trap air and keep you warm.

I agree, they are definately small sized I would recommend you go two sizes larger than you usually take.

Here are some images from our photoshoot recently.

Paul

Sporting goods, hunting gear and outdoor clothes from Scott Country

Last edited by Scott Country; 30-01-2013 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    They are supposed to be worn directly next to the skin to function correctly. You should not be wearing anything under it. A snug fit will trap air and keep you warm.

really?

be awful draughty up the back as it is not designed to be tucked in

I would recommend a base layer such as a merino technical shirt, or a microfibre t by the likes of Berghaus etc