Thread: Greetings from Alaska, USA

Greetings from Alaska, USA

I live in Juneau, Alaska and hope to visit Scotland and Ireland in the next few years with my wife whose ancestors came from that neighborhood. Will she let me hunt during the visit-we'll see?. She does still have the largest caribou in the family and does enjoy the chase. Meanwhile I'll lurk and dream.

Welcome to the site m8

Welcome to the site. Alaska is one of the worlds last wilderness areas, and on my to do list. Let me know if you do come over, we might be able to sort something out for you.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Welcome. Alaska does seem to be a great place to be.

Thanks for the welcomes-what are the rules for a foreigner like me to hunt in the UK-assuming with a guide or outfitter or by invitation? Assume I'm not bringing a rifle and would need to borrow one.

Black bear and Sitka Blacktail deer wonder through my yard here and I go elsewhere to hunt moose and caribou. I usually hunt with a Rem 700-30-06 and my wife uses a Rem 722-257 Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneauEd View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes-what are the rules for a foreigner like me to hunt in the UK-assuming with a guide or outfitter or by invitation? Assume I'm not bringing a rifle and would need to borrow one.
    Welcome to the site, Alaska is on my list, for the hunting and the fishing.But i might go back to Montana again, or perhaps New Zealand, unless you can convince me otherwise?
    If you come over you do not have to bring your own rifle, you can make use of something called the 'estate rifle facility' and get your deer.
    Its easier over here in some ways as you dont need to apply for a tag to hunt.
    Do you get the sportsman channel?
    I was featured on it the other day.
    Cheers
    Richard

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses