border barrel issues

I can only suggest you speak directly to Lee or Geoff and air your thoughts with them.

Ive had nothing but 100% service from them in the past and any issues I have had have been dealt with promptly.

Border are exceptional regarding customer service.

If you follow Redmist's suggestion you will not have an issue.

They go above and beyond in my experience.

My mate had a rifle built by them and was promised a timescale for delivery which ran over by months , no apology or replies to e-mails , customer service was atrocious needless to say when rifle finally arrived it wouldn't group.

My mate had a rifle built by them and was promised a timescale for delivery which ran over by months , no apology or replies to e-mails , customer service was atrocious needless to say when rifle finally arrived it wouldn't group.

I don't recognise this description.

I've three border-barreled rifles (a .223 a 6.5 and a .30) and they all shoot phenomenally well. Then again, I'm not the kind of person who treats the process of dealing with craftsmen like it was a trip to Ikea.

As to the problem you have with grouping, has "your mate" let an experienced and competent re-loader give the rifle a bit of time and effort?

I've three border-barreled rifles (a .223 a 6.5 and a .30) and they all shoot phenomenally well. Then again, I'm not the kind of person who treats the process of dealing with craftsmen like it was a trip to Ikea.

As to the problem you have with grouping, has "your mate" let an experienced and competent re-loader give the rifle a bit of time and effort?
Have to agree wholeheartedly with the above, & yes I do own Border products.

He is a very experienced and competent re-loader and has exceptional rifle skills , usually a 3 shot group centre bull all in the same hole............

More than very experienced and competent Foxy , he is by far the best shot and most knowledgeable
i have ever seen , absolutely amazing at long distance targets up to 1km

I have bought/used a lot of Border Products in the last 2 years, and i can say that i have always been polite and courteous to them, and have received likewise in return.

they are not always the fastest to produce products or to respond to enquiries, but the delivered product has always been good.

More than very experienced and competent Foxy , he is by far the best shot and most knowledgeable
i have ever seen , absolutely amazing at long distance targets up to 1km

I must say that sounds like a bit of a falsely corobberated response :-|.

Also I don't think Foxy was the subject of debate.

In any case if there was a problem the issue should have been raised with Border and I guarantee it would have been rectified. Even if it meant a replacement barrel being fitted.

Last edited:
I must say that sounds like a bit of a coerced response :-|.

Also I don't think Foxy was the subject of debate.

In any case if there was a problem the issue should have been raised with Border and I guarantee it would have been rectified. Even if it meant a replacement barrel being fitted.

He wasnt talking about me but a friend of mine...

Anyway you only get one bite at the cherry and if customer service is poor I'm afraid business goes elsewhere especially when spending that amount of money..

I've used bb's work on two rifles owned by 2 different guys and with good loads they just make a nice spotty hole. Pity of of the chaps had the eyes of Mr Magoo but he passed the Level 1 test without a miss!

Hi foxy, colin if its lee your talking about he's a hell of a shot. Taught me a few things about ballistics.
kc

He is a very experienced and competent re-loader and has exceptional rifle skills , usually a 3 shot group centre bull all in the same hole............

This sounds like an exceptional shooting man, certainly well above my humble abilities and expertise. Frankly, he sounds like the sort of man who I would expect to lay down exact specifications for what he required and would know exactly what was at fault, in the event of there being anything at fault.

I would also be very puzzled to be told that such an expert man would accept, let alone pay for, anything if it was not exactly as he had specified.

Signed.... Confused in Clydesdale. View attachment 24229

Back