Aberdeenshire Stalkers

buck52

Are there any members on here from Aberdeenshire area, if so would you be prepared to give me a nod when you see signs of the Roe rut please.

Thanks, a belgian wants to come over for a couple of days to see roe calling so I need to know its definately on.

I have a chap out tonight ,so I have been looking for the last week for something suitable. But no sign of any activity as regards the Rut yet ?
The bucks i have seen are doing their rounds and checking out the Does , just not getting excited about it ???

A week or more yet maybe ?

PS,
I will try calling tonight If I have time ,and will let you know If their is any interest .

Just back in .
We did get a young buck ,but absolutely no sign of any rutting activity at all. Even the does were hard to find tonight ? Not much movement by buck or doe . light rain till seven then cleared for a realy good sunset ,very warm and muggy then misted up about ten oclock.

Was out this morning, two of us. One each end of the ground (between Fraserburgh and Peterhead inland) never moved a thing
But last week pulled an eleven (I repeat eleven) point Buck. with my Pal calling on a Buttol.
Will try again tomorrow in the Huntly area.
Seems to be on and off to suit the weather...

If he is coming from Belgium then why not wait until the middle of the rut, probably around the end of the month or going into the first week of August. :D

If he is coming from Belgium then why not wait until the middle of the rut, probably around the end of the month or going into the first week of August. :D

Thats a valid point but.......
If the rut is starting to show now it could be all over by August mate, done & dusted in a week.

Wednesday nothing !

Tonight about half six ,went out for a run around with the bino,s and in the space of ten minutes saw two separate bucks nose to tail with their does charging around in circles,oblivious to anything.

Yeah i saw the same on friday night out near banchory. Doe didnt seem interested but the buck was not for leaving her alone. Cant be far away with all this rain and heat.

Ads

Back