Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: copper bullets

copper bullets

Hi All, has anyone started to use the lead free copper bullets for stalking? heard good reports about the barnes bullets in scotland anyone else have info on performances of different makes

I have been using them for some time and really like them. I have used the TSX in 7mm and 308 and the XLC in 22/250 with no problems. The thing I particularly like is the lack of meat damage compared to most lead core bullets. They are as accurate as any other bullet I have used and work on deer and foxes equally well. There are quite a few on this site who use them as well. I have no experience with hornady GMX or the Nosler e tip but believe they are made of a harder alloy than the barnes which I understand are pure copper. I have also heard that the TTSX tend to open faster than the TSX. Supply of these can be a bit of an issue but your local dealer can source them via GMK

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    Hi All, has anyone started to use the lead free copper bullets for stalking? heard good reports about the barnes bullets in scotland anyone else have info on performances of different makes
    Nothing beats the Barnes TTSX buddy it's all I use now tried a few others but none compared to these I'm including lead bullets in these also but as has been said supply and price can be a struggle but they can be found

thanks for the great info everyone, will try some of the barnes ones out end of the week see how they perform in .308 tikka t3

If youre using the Barnes X, we generally say it lifts you a calibre ,ie 270 to 30 06 performance. Thats how good the projectiles have become on the last 20 years.

Cheers Sharkey

Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    thanks for the great info everyone, will try some of the barnes ones out end of the week see how they perform in .308 tikka t3
    Please let us know how you get on.

Been using TSX for a good few years, excellent!

Barnes have brought out a new bullet the LRX looks the same as the TTSX but for us 6.5 bullet users is now 127g with boat tail and better BC could be a winner http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...ew-barnes-lrx/

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Barnes have brought out a new bullet the LRX looks the same as the TTSX but for us 6.5 bullet users is now 127g with boat tail and better BC could be a winner http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...ew-barnes-lrx/

oohhhhh, I was just about to order some TTSX, ill have to look at these new ones and see if I change my mind, cheers.

***edit*** just looked at the price for 6.5x55 bullets on midwayuk 60.45 for 50!!!
    Last edited by david1976; 30-01-2013 at 17:34.

Love the 120 grain in 6 1/2 although the 140 grain is good as well.