Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: case trimming

case trimming

hI guys, I reload my .243 bullets and have been doing this for a while. the question is I don't trim the cases and have measured the brass tonight which are all sako cases and the sizes differ. would you recommend I buy a case trimmer And if so where would I find the information on what size to trim the case to? kind regards kane

I trim mine every time i reload them you will find the case lengths in any reloading manual under the cartridge your reloading

yes bud you should be trimming for many reasons.you should be able to find case dimensions on the net no problem.i'm sure others with experience of 243 will chip in soon.

2.7098 is the spec i found

A reloading manual or on-line resource will give you trim lengths. My Hornady Manual says Case Trim Length for .243 Win of 2.035 inches. There are a wide range of trimming options between cheap and cheerful and very expensive. I don't recommend any of the following, but I do recommend signing up for the Sinclair Int catalogue. I would recommend trying a few before buying.

Case Trimmers | Case Trimming at Sinclair Inc

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    For what? Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    2.045" or 51.9mm what I found.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Both my Speer and Hogdon state Max case length should be 2.045" and trim to 2.035" for the 243 Win . A case trimmer is really an esential bit of kit - without it, you run the risk of the case lengthening which in turn can cause difficulty in chambering the round and subsequent damage to the neck. Most trimmers will do the job, however the more expensive ones claim they trim more evenly.

All my cases are trimmed and I just use a simple lee hand trimmer which does the job brilliantly. It is also pre set so a little check every now and again but never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ths84 View Post
    All my cases are trimmed and I just use a simple lee hand trimmer which does the job brilliantly. It is also pre set so a little check every now and again but never had any problems.
    +1
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA