Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxes?

Foxes?

Would someone tell me a little about your foxes. In Texas, we have red foxes, grey foxes and kit foxes. The red is the largest weighing up to 10-12lbs, but that's a huge one. I've herd of these but never seen one. They are pretty rare. A little more common is the grey fox, a bought the same size as the red. The kit is smaller, I've never seen one. All of these foxes are considered food by coyotes, which is probably why the are much rarer than they seem to be in GB. It seems that your red is much much more common and larger, but then again, maybe you don't take pictures of the small ones. capt david

Some of our foxes (and we only have red ones) are about the size of coyotes and predate lambs as well as domestic fowl and other game. The biggest on record was 38lbs !!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-17259087

I shoot a large wood where there is a pheasant shoot, but we are not allowed to shoot the foxes. They are very well fed and I'm sure some of them are the size of timber wolves!!!
    We are no longer allowed to hunt them with dogs. There have been several recent reports of them attacking people and attempting to steal children!!!!
    They are becoming a major problem in urban areas.
    MS.

They can also lure you into thinking you really can drive across that stubble field...nasty they are

L200 stuck, followed by land rover (only to be expected) followed by trick defender....took 120k of JD to get us out.....I did get the fox though

Attachment 24168
    Last edited by limulus; 30-01-2013 at 00:28.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

It seems as if they take both 'niches' of the predator chain. capt david

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Some of our foxes (and we only have red ones) are about the size of coyotes and predate lambs as well as domestic fowl and other game. The biggest on record was 38lbs !!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-17259087

I shoot a large wood where there is a pheasant shoot, but we are not allowed to shoot the foxes. They are very well fed and I'm sure some of them are the size of timber wolves!!!
    We are no longer allowed to hunt them with dogs. There have been several recent reports of them attacking people and attempting to steal children!!!!
    They are becoming a major problem in urban areas.
    MS.
    curious ms as to why the foxes are left alone in the wood you spoke about. the farmers i speak with either want them totally eradicated or will not allow them to be shot at all.

keith

Quote Originally Posted by ksb View Post
    curious ms as to why the foxes are left alone in the wood you spoke about. the farmers i speak with either want them totally eradicated or will not allow them to be shot at all.

keith
    Several places around here have "rules" on shooting foxes, mainly to do with the owner's sport......

They like to use hounds to bolt them to waiting guns Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    They like to use hounds to bolt them to waiting guns Keith
    Or to the European Eagle owl they use here.....

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    They can also lure you into thinking you really can drive across that stubble field...nasty they are

L200 stuck, followed by land rover (only to be expected) followed by trick defender....took 120k of JD to get us out.....I did get the fox though

Attachment 24168

been there LOL
    only i found a ditch that jumped out on me that was not there before

"Would someone tell me a little about your foxes"
    the only good one is a dead one Sir all sizes boss