Thread: My favorite distributor

My favorite distributor

...is totally out of all .224 diameter bullets except for 45 grain Hornet and some moly coated 80 grainers. They are also out of most 30 calibers including the PPU varieties. Nutz. Totally Nutz. Glad I was only window shopping...~Muir

Established Poster
    Well you can always fire up the pot and cast some nice lead ones Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robertw View Post
    Well you can always fire up the pot and cast some nice lead ones Robert
    Yup!
    I've done it many thousands of times.~Muir

Don't make out you are short of projectiles I klnow different . Any sign of those you ordered at the shot show yet?

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Don't make out you are short of projectiles I klnow different . Any sign of those you ordered at the shot show yet?

John
    Morning John!
    No. Or at least I haven't heard of their arrival in Texas. With the engineer's mom passing it may be while before I get them as he will be spending time with his family, no doubt. And no, I have no shortage of bullets. I have about 3-4K of the .224's in various shapes right now. Last night I was moving more stuff from the old reloading room to the new one and stumbled on those Hornady 53 grain BTHP Match bullets we were shooting from the Howa when you were out. Looked to be about 500 of them left. As I said, I was only window shopping at that on line site; keeping on top of the trends. The pendulum will swing the other way soon enough.~Muir

We use two distributers aout 95% , One for guns and ammo and the other for reloading componenets !

I got in a order yesterday from the component distributer . I had over $3,000 of stuff ordered and got exactly $1,350 of it !

No 209 primers of ANY brand ! No CCI200's , no Federal GM Match SR or LR .

Heck I ordered a new MEC600JR 16 gauge for myself and they didn't even have that !

Ordered a bunch of Nosler and Hornady bullets and got two boxes !

a dealer over here told me that people on your side of the pond were hoarding all the supplies since Obama got back in office!
    Leave some for us will you!

Not seeing a "global shortage" here.

Still getting American Eagle / Magtech 1000rds/CHF250 (~$265) which is much the same as before.

ATB,

Scrummy

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    a dealer over here told me that people on your side of the pond were hoarding all the supplies since Obama got back in office!
    Leave some for us will you!

Can't very well leave you any if I can't get any myself !!!!!

Oh by the way that isn't all for me thats what our shop ordered for our customers . We do not stock components in the shop but I do put orders together every two months . I got exactly squat outta that order for myself . All I had ordered for me was the loader and CCI200's .

Heck I figure in about ten years I'm going to be hurting for wheel weights to cast my bullets . That stuff has disappearred also . Some of my friends around here have been hoarding the wheel weights to make shot , so that kinda kills me rebuilding my stock of ingots for bullets .

Think about 2001 I had maybe 2 tons of wheel weight ingots and now I'm down to maybe 1000-1200 pounds . Granted I have cut back on my casting some since I went 44 cal across the board . Cutting out lever action silhouette eased up my usage as well . Now about all I do with the cast anymore is work up loads on paper , shoot the worked up loads a bit before the season and then use them to hunt in the 444's .

IF I were a more money rich individual I would have had about 480 pounds of powder on that order for myself .I figure 4 eight pounders of each of the powders I use alot should keep me in buisness for the duration plus ten years LOL's !

But then if I can't get CCI200's and Federal 215's I'm F'd as the saying goes !
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 31-01-2013 at 12:30.