Thread: AYA No2

AYA No2

Very reluctant sale of AYA No2 12g side by side sidelock in near as-new condition (only one small dink in the stock which can be seen in the pictures).

Manufactured in 1974 (Eibar proof S1) but unused until 2009 when it was de-lanolined and serviced by ex Holland and Holland gunsmith. 26” barrels, and cylinder (I think) and 14 ” length of pull.

Lovely engraving, detachable locks and beautifully balanced.

Regrettably,this lovely gun is just not being used.

WITHDRAWN

Advertised elsewhere so PM if interested please.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 05-02-2013 at 14:24.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Offers?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Hi Eyefor, I wish you good luck with the sale, I have an identical number2 I'm also struggling to sell, think its the 26" barrels that's not doing us any favours!
    bullet

Quote Originally Posted by 000bullet000 View Post
    Hi Eyefor, I wish you good luck with the sale, I have an identical number2 I'm also struggling to sell, think its the 26" barrels that's not doing us any favours!
    bullet
    I think you're right mate just seems that nobody's interested in short barrels anymore , in fact if it had been 28" barrels I'd have been interested.

I am very much in favour of 26" barrels and would very much like this gun but funds are short at the moment.
    I reluctantly sold mine last year when I went through a period of 'famine' on the cash front and am regretting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by jase kaye View Post
    I think you're right mate just seems that nobody's interested in short barrels anymore , in fact if it had been 28" barrels I'd have been interested.
    From Remington

Modern smokeless powders burn in the first 13 to 16 inches of the barrel and maximum velocities are obtained in the first 20 inches. Shot will carry the same distance regardless of the barrellength. Shot pattern will be the same whether the barrel is 21 inches in length or 30 inches in length, if the barrel has the same choke constriction.

Our experts state there would be a small variation in velocity when using a 21-inch barrel as compared with a 30-inchbarrel; however, the variation would be immeasurable.

The basic advantage of a shorter barrel is that it will swing faster.

Unquote

I totally agree that the powder has burnt within the barrel length of 26 inch but for some reason their just not selling mate!