Thread: Cats kill billions - BBC News

Cats kill billions - BBC News

BBC news - Apperently cats kill other animals, really - no sh&t! Allegedly (no convictions to date) they are responsible for billions of deaths?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21236690

Really??? Round here there isn't much of a feral cat problem, foxes (apparently the size of coyotes) got em all

The only cat problem I have down in Kent is stopping my guests from shooting domestic cats by accident.

Interesting, if not slightly sad, article that relates in Sporting Shooter March 2013 about losing a family pet to this kind of shooting. I am not a cat person but can appreciate the anger you would feel finding a family pet killed in such a way.

Hmmm... that's impressive... anyone ever tried training a "guncat"?

Only good cat is a dead one in my view

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Only good cat is a dead one in my view
    +1 must agree : no cats = no cat s**t in my garden. I hate the things that serve no purpose
    Wingy

Do you hate pet dogs and any other companion animals that provide comfort to people who have little other affection in their lives?

We have one around our workshop at the farm the terriers killed it mum in the field and it appeared at the door about 3 weeks old and hid under the bench in the workshop so we fed it scraps it stays around at li=unch time but what a nasty xxxx it is it keeps away from the terriers when they are let out

My dog doesn't s--t in my neighbors garden i walk it on a lead and clean up after it ie no impact on anybody else or any wildlife, if people want cats they should do the same or keep them indoors simple really and that way the poor little birdies will be safe !

The last thread like this got closed it wont last long !
    Last edited by 375 mag; 30-01-2013 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by paddo123 View Post
    Interesting, if not slightly sad, article that relates in Sporting Shooter March 2013 about losing a family pet to this kind of shooting. I am not a cat person but can appreciate the anger you would feel finding a family pet killed in such a way.
    Agree, but the answer is not to let them roam free around the countryside...

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    Agree, but the answer is not to let them roam free around the countryside...
    Not to let them roam free? so you'd rather see cat's couped up in doors all day?

I've got a cat, don't really like him as such but he's a good mouse, rabbit and rat killing machine. Just like our steading, every good farm needs a mouser or two...