Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone done a 'one for one' rimmie to centerfire?

Anyone done a 'one for one' rimmie to centerfire?

Hi chaps,
    Just wondering if it's possible to do a 'one for one' application to change a rimfire to a centerfire on ticket, seeing as it's a change of caliber?

I did it from .17hmr to .22wmr as a 'one for one' but they are both rimmies!

Basically I have a .22lr on a borrowed condition that I never use and would like to add a .243 for stalking in its place. The only problem I could see is that I already have 22-250 also on a borrowed condition which they could possibly question.

Going to speak to my feo but a bit of background info never hurts,

Cheers

Stratts

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Hi chaps,
    Just wondering if it's possible to do a 'one for one' application to change a rimfire to a centerfire on ticket, seeing as it's a change of caliber?

I did it from .17hmr to .22wmr as a 'one for one' but they are both rimmies!

Basically I have a .22lr on a borrowed condition that I never use and would like to add a .243 for stalking in its place. The only problem I could see is that I already have 22-250 also on a borrowed condition which they could possibly question.

Going to speak to my feo but a bit of background info never hurts,

Cheers

Stratts
    Yep no problem with that when I did it - swapped a .22LR Target for a 7-08 Centrefire for pigs and deer.

The only issue I can see with it is if you don't have good reason to possess the .243 (land or booked stalking)

Nice one mate that's not a problem as I have both.

Something else I thought about do they usually impart conditions. ie, fox and occasional deer, or the other way around?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Nice one mate that's not a problem as I have both.

Something else I thought about do they usually impart conditions. ie, fox and occasional deer, or the other way around?

Cheers
    This is 'one for one' but not 'like for like', so as mentioned earlier 'good reason' will need to be established. Talk with Jonathan Saggers (feo) who is helpful and will give advice. If the good reason is established then all the 'one for one' means is that you do not have to pay 26 for the variation.

Please could someone tell me whether or not I could apply to have a vacant slot (.17hmr) one-for-one'd for a centrefire calibre? I understand how the usual one-for-one process works but if I've got a free slot and don't want that calibre, would I get away with 'exchanging' that for a free slot in a centrefire calibre without having to pay the 26 fee?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry for jumping on your thread Stratts, hope you don't mind

Shouldn't be a problem skinner. I've had free of charge 1-4-1 variations several times in the past where I have simply changed a vacant slot. As Bunnydoom says it's simply a matter of being able to prove good reason.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Thanks 8x57, that's good to hear! Cheers for the help mate

its a slot not a firearm

I swapped a sound moderator for a .222!

That's interesting bewsher, I wonder if that means that if I wanted 2 new calibres I could do two one-for-ones - the 17hmr and the sound moderator slot that goes with it! Haha, think I'll probably stick with the one though!

i did a 1-4-1 from .17 fac air to section 1 shotgun no probs