Thread: Quick Question in DSC1 question bank (97)

Quick Question in DSC1 question bank (97)

Hello everyone. I'm currently revising for the DSC1 and going through the General Question Bank. One question has me stumped as I don't think any of the multiple choices make sense given my understanding of the law.

97. To shoot deer on unenclosed land anywhere in Scotland, a valid Game License must be held:
    a - By everyone unless specifically exempt under the law
    b - Unless you are the owner of the land in question
    c - Unless you are carrying written permission from the landowner
    d - Unless you are only shooting roe deer

My understanding is that Game licences and game dealers licences have been abolished in Scotland with effect from 7 April 2011 when the new Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Bill was passed. Therefore my instinct tells me that a would be the logical answer would be A. Does anyone know the definitive correct answer?

lol

Cheers Paul. I can over think things sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewW View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm currently revising for the DSC1 and going through the General Question Bank. One question has me stumped as I don't think any of the multiple choices make sense given my understanding of the law.

97. To shoot deer on unenclosed land anywhere in Scotland, a valid Game License must be held:
    b - Unless you are the owner of the land in question
    c - Unless you are carrying written permission from the landowner
    d - Unless you are only shooting roe deer

My understanding is that Game licences and game dealers licences have been abolished in Scotland with effect from 7 April 2011 when the new Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Bill was passed. Therefore my instinct tells me that a would be the logical answer would be A. Does anyone know the definitive correct answer?
    Remember you only need to know the sections relevant to England, Scotland and Ireland questions will not come up for you. It is good to know the other bits and pieces but i didn't bother till after my DSC1. You can have too many dates facts and figures in your head that on the day may confuse the issue.

When i did mine the only questions that weren't asked were northern Ireland. Scottish questions were included

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    When i did mine the only questions that weren't asked were northern Ireland. Scottish questions were included

And me, i took mine in Suffolk.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

Im sure we wern't but could be wrong I know defiantly not Northern Ireland Now Im confused

Just had a quik look through my notes made at the time of my DSC1 and yes scottish questions were included,

mainland has all 3 countries included but not NI