Looking to replace my .22 rimfire

If your looking at sporting rifles the Cz (perhaps with a trigger mod) will be fine. If you want to spend more money that's your business but the bullets won't be grouped any better. Step away from the Ruger semis.

While I agree that a semi isn't the best for accuracy, in general, the Rugers can (for sometimes a serious price tag) be made to shoot. This is eight, ten shot groups at 50M with different kinds of sub sonics from my Ruger.~Muir
TargetssquirrelinatorRED-1.jpg

That stated... I have about twenty CZ/Brno .22 bolt guns.

Last edited:
While I agree that a semi isn't the best for accuracy, in general, the Rugers can (for sometimes a serious price tag) be made to shoot. This is eight, ten shot groups at 50M with different kinds of sub sonics from my Ruger.~Muir

That stated... I have about twenty CZ/Brno .22 bolt guns.
If that is off the shelf performance from the cheapest 10/22 in the shop it's one in a million. Sure if you want to be bloody minded it is possible to make a 10/22 accurate. Just needs a new heavy barrel, new tigger and usually a new action. Bit like a broom with a new brush and new handle LOL.

TheSquirrelinatorRED2.jpg

Not exactly off the shelf. It is the "for a serious price tag" version I spoke of. Custom 1-18" twist barrel, a tweaked Volquartzen trigger.... very accurate. Shoots high verlocity better than subs.

This group, however, was shot with JAYB's stock 10/22 rifle (not carbine) at 25M. It is pretty consistent.~Muir

John1022group.jpg

Thumbhole walnut annie is a superb bit of kit, never regretted shelling out a lot of money for it. Wonderfull trgeer, fantastically accurate, short well balanced. Cannot ask for more.

Bolt completely strippable, looks excellent with a steel P/H silencer.

I would love to try one of their C/F

D

I have a weihrauch hw66 - the target stocked version of the hw 60 and have to say I cannot fault it at all. The trigger on these guns is the same trigger they use on their air rifles. It has to be one of the best out of the box 2 stage triggers out there. Groups at 50 yards are one ragged hole when I play my part and the conditions are good - I don't think I'll ever part with this gun.

Another vote for the CZ 452 rimfire, I have both .22 & .17 HMR , they do everything that I need them to do. atb, Tim

CZ on a buget very good GO FOR SS best .22 i'v ever had also i also have sako .17 but i like the little cz in .22 the only thing i would say is the frount QD stud on the plastic stocks are NOT FOR A BIPOD BUT ONLY FOR SLING this was the reply i had from CZ Customer services and gmk when my one pulled out other than this its brill, you may also wish to get a drop in trigger kit from rimfire magic . there is a point in stock that is solid around 4 inches or so behind frount stud it's the place that the injection moulding was cut away from that's the place you can fit a nut -bolt type stud just drill a hole same size as bolt use a bit of stud lock its very ezzy i heated up the nut so it sat flush in stock well then with a drill file l flushed off the bolt stud so no way it could hit barrel your gun shop should know this anyway and be able to sell you one.
get a ten shoot mag steel are better.:thumb:

I am looking to replace my rather tired Mauser 107 .22 lfb bolt action rifle. I have seen the CZ 452 silhouette but now also the zkm 455 thumbhole. There is also the Weihrauch HW 60 and the Anschutz XIV. does anyone own any of the above or have any sound advice please? I currently run a 12" barrel so want to keep the new one short too. Hoping to handle a few at the show next week.
Thanks
Steve

Back