Dealer prices paid for Venison??

roe steak

Hi all, what prices are getting paid for different species per pound or kilo?? I want to know if there's a big variation depending where you are and what you shoot.

Thanks!

Thanks, I though i was being ripped off in Scotland at £1.10/lb for roe but it seems like that's the price all round and about.

venny price

last season , Highland perthshire venny at £2/Kg roe, £1.80/Kg red, expect this season to be similar-ish

GAME PRICES

ROE STEAK this is the lowest and highest we get normally its around the higher price
It pays to use more than one dealer as some dealers prices do seem to fluctuate throughout the season quite considerably i use two or three.
SOMERSET AREA

ROE £00.90 to £1.20
fallow £00.65 # £1.10
sika £00.70 # £1.10
red £00.60 # £1.00
muntys £00.00 # £10.00 each
boar £1.00 # £1.50
rabbits £00.50 # £1.20 each
hares £3.50 # £6.50 each
pidgeons £00.15 # £00.30 each

GAME PRICES

ROE STEAK this is the lowest and highest we get normally its around the higher price
It pays to use more than one dealer as some dealers prices do seem to fluctuate throughout the season quite considerably i use two or three.
SOMERSET AREA

ROE £00.90 to £1.20
fallow £00.65 # £1.10
sika £00.70 # £1.10
red £00.60 # £1.00
muntys £00.00 # £10.00 each
boar £1.00 # £1.50
rabbits £00.50 # £1.20 each
hares £3.50 # £6.50 each
pidgeons £00.15 # £00.30 each

ATB
RICK O SHEA

Venison Prices

Gents

The following are what we are paying in Hampshire at the moment, the larger species prices ate an estimate of what they will cut in at on the 1st August at start of season:

Roe Bucks £3.00 per kg (autual at moment & will drop on 01/08)

Fallow & Sika-£1.80/£2.00 per KG (estimate based on demand on 01/08)

This is for fully dressed bodies in line with Lantra ticket (all tracts removed, head & feet off but skin on)

I have to say that even with the currant climate with Lantra & Hunter I.D Numbers that as a dealer I am still shocked by the state of some of the bodies that people turn up with to try & sell & lets face it that it is pretty basic stuff to ensure that you end up wit a dressed carcas that is not full of crap, leaves, rument content & with both tracts removed!

Regards Lee

Gents
Greetings from North East Scotland.
We are getting about £2.30 to £2.50 per KG.
What ****es me off is that I was at Scone last week and the dealers,selling bagged up venison (that didn't look exactly fresh).
Wait for this....

£33 per kilo
thirty three nicker for two fifty......
my question is where doe's it all go too?????
Alan

Venison

Gents

Retail Prices at the moment from us are:

A Grade Vac Packed Fillet £28.99 a kilo
A Grade Rump/Haunch Steaks £14.99 a kg
Diced Venison @ 8.99 a kilo
X/Lea.n Mince @ 6.99 a kilo
Venison Sausages @ £7.99 a kilo

What you have to appreciate is that there is alot of man hours in production at £10 an hour for skilled staff to butcher the stuff to end up with a decent looking end product.

At the moment due to the close season all dealers are running short of bodies every week.

If anyone wants a free Venison Burger over the weekend & you happen to be in Portsmouth, we are at Southsea Food Festival all weekend, just find me I'm the one cooking that looks like Marko Pierre White & I will deal you up a free Venison Burger.

Look for Newhouse Venison & Game under the "eat on the wild side banner"

Regs Lee

Thanks Lee, I think what bothers me and maybe most of us it that a roe might be worth £30 if we sell it and then it retails at mega bucks.

I'm happy you to get the price that fits the quality of product from the efforts you put into making it that way. It's just I thought when I saw the end product last time I dropped off that the difference between carcass value and product on sale was huge!!

Please don't feel i'm having a go, I just wished that I got £5/kilo for bambi :D

prices

Most dealers would shoot me but I hold my hands up & admit thet we do turn about 400% gross profit out of a body, but yes we do have overheads & have to stand there & flog it at a Farmers Market all day also.

I shoot about 200 deer a year myself now & these are to speak freebies whit a higher margin, but at the end of the day its my living, along with the accompanied stalking, the syndicate I run & that large amout of Vension that goes out to catering & trade.

Yes the margins are high but its also an all round role & hard bloody work too.

Regards Lee

Re: prices

lwcdart said:
Most dealers would shoot me but I hold my hands up & admit thet we do turn about 400% gross profit out of a body, but yes we do have overheads & have to stand there & flog it at a Farmers Market all day also.

I shoot about 200 deer a year myself now & these are to speak freebies whit a higher margin, but at the end of the day its my living, along with the accompanied stalking, the syndicate I run & that large amout of Vension that goes out to catering & trade.

Yes the margins are high but its also an all round role & hard bloody work too.

Regards Lee

I, personally, feel you dont have to justify yourself. Anyone who runs a business knows where you're coming from.

Dealer prices paid for venison

I have been shooting roe for the last 15 or 20 yrs and then the price at the dealers was still no more than £1.50 per pound so where is our increse every thing else has gone up so I myself do think we are being ripped of, remember we have overheads to.

Re: Dealer prices paid for venison

rh120 said:
I have been shooting roe for the last 15 or 20 yrs and then the price at the dealers was still no more than £1.50 per pound so where is our increse every thing else has gone up so I myself do think we are being ripped of, remember we have overheads to.

Snap! inflation has not affected the game industry or should I say it has not benefited the manager or stalker. Everything else has increased from diesel to powder but dealers prices have stuck solid! :evil:

Do we blame the consumer?

prices

Boys

I know you are going to hang me out to dry here as I am the only one on this side of the bloody fence & there are hundreds of you on that side!

When we take a body in thay are all very varied in quality, the bones, skin & shot damaged areas are all scrapped & this then in fact cost me £25.00 per bin to get rid of as a cat 3 animal biproduct, in some cases the whole front end/shoulder is binned if its a very bad example.

If the field dressing has had a hash made of it with leaves & gut content still being prescent then that will add to the bin also.

In the days when I was just shooting a few on a recreational basis I processed them myself for our own use, but now we are fully commercial & know the true costs of getting the venison cut & sold.

In terms of man hours & hard work including the processing, delivering & direct Farmers Market sales, in addition to fitting a bit of stalking in its bloody hard labour intensive work.

The other thing that I would say is that if you are unhappy with the prices then get yourself registered with your local EHO/Council, spend £10,000/£25,000 on equipment & refigeration to do the jub yourself!

Just putting my bullet proof vest on!

Lee

...get yourself registered with your local EHO/Council, spend £10,000/£25,000 on equipment & refigeration...
I smell EU directives here.... :rolleyes:
Without them someone could add poison to venison and kill all people in the country. ;) [/url]

Back